Roon “silently” plays Qobuz intermittently

I opened this question on the Support topic, but I’m not getting any responses… so I thought I’d ask in the NAS discussion as well to see if I could get any suggestions.

I have current build of Roon running on QNAP TS-873A on QTS 5.1.4. My usual playback is onto a Ropieee instance with an Allo HAT.

While I’m playing music, sometimes a Qobuz track will start playing, I see the progress indicator moving, but no sound output. If I skip forward to a local file, that will play fine, and usually a Qobuz track will play fine after that for awhile, until the whole thing plays out again. I find no specific tracks cause this. I’ve tried installing a static-linked ffmpeg as well, but that doesn’t help (may actually make it worse).

Anyone have any suggestions on anything I can try to debug the issue? I could move off the NAS, but I kinda like having it run there. Thanks in advance.

I’ve observed the same thing with Qobuz. Most of the lag issues can be solved by restarting my ROCK. If that doesn’t work, and things are still being laggy, I’ll adjust my DSP sample rate conversion settings. Most days I like to upscale as much as possible (power of 2), but that definitely can slow everything down on my system - 7th gen i3 NUC running ROCK. If I change that to just Max PCM rate, things are generally all good.

Good luck. Hope you find a solution. I’d reboot and adjust and that will likely help.

Not sure what you mean by “lag”… you mean a delay starting playback of the track? How long a delay? When I experience this it is a delay of indeterminate length - meaning it doesn’t start. I need to intervene to select a different track in the queue.

I’ve done reboots, but it doesn’t solve the issue. I’ve not changed any DSP settings.
-Alan

There is a file “RoonOnNAS.log.txt” in the database folder that includes entries like belw. Is this relevant?

30.12.23-14:08:13 — System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (104): Connection reset by peer
30.12.23-14:08:13 — at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.AwaitableSocketAsyncEventArgs.ThrowException(SocketError error, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
30.12.23-14:08:13 — at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.AwaitableSocketAsyncEventArgs.System.Threading.Tasks.Sources.IValueTaskSource<System.Int32>.GetResult(Int16 token)
30.12.23-14:08:13 — at System.Threading.Tasks.ValueTask`1.ValueTaskSourceAsTask.<>c.<.cctor>b__4_0(Object state)
30.12.23-14:08:13 — — End of stack trace from previous location —
30.12.23-14:08:13 — at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskToApm.End[TResult](IAsyncResult asyncResult)
30.12.23-14:08:13 — at Sooloos.RnetJsonClient.<>c__DisplayClass65_0.<_BeginRead>b__0(IAsyncResult ar)

I was able to solve this issue based on this answer:

1 Like