Roon stopping randomly and constant indexing

@support

Hi I am using the latest version of Roon, 1.5, and using a MacMini with 10.13.6. Roon, for the past two weeks has been indexing every time I start to play a song but I do not quit Roon in between listening sessions. Also, the last two days playback of songs stop randomly. I have to go into the app to hit play again.

There could be something wrong in the files/filesystem. I experienced this once when a few of my albums got splitted in two different folders on the NAS with exactly same name (but difference in casing). I think the log file will point you in the right direction.

https://kb.roonlabs.com/Logs

Edit:
Most likely the core’s log file is the relevant one (if you run distributed).

Hello @Jason_Finn,

Can you please provide more information regarding your setup using this thread as a guide?

What is your media storage location? How is it connected to the Core, over Ethernet, WiFi or USB? Please let me know when possible.

Thanks,
Noris

I use a synology NAS with Ethernet to airport time capsule via Ethernet to Mac mini via usb to dac. Thanks.

Hello @Jason_Finn,

Can you please reproduce these issues and note the exact local time in your country (ex 5:31PM) that you observe it next? I can then enable diagnostics mode for your account and take a look to see if there is an underlying cause. Also, what is your DAC model/manufacturer?

Thanks,
Noris

It’s reindexing now at 9:57 am est. DAC is Lampizator Atlantic+.

Hello @Jason_Finn,

Thanks for letting me know that info. I have gone ahead and enabled diagnostics mode for your account and what this action will do is next time your Core is active, a set of logs will automatically be generated and uploaded to our servers for analysis. After receiving said logs I will ask the QA team to take a look, please leave your Core powered on and connected to the internet to ensure that the diagnostics reach our servers.

Thanks,
Noris