Roon stops working fine after adding Tidal next to Qobuz

My Nucleus and the Roon Software where working fine since I left Tidal and switched to Qobuz month ago. Yesterday evening I decided to activate my Tidal account again next to Qobuz.

After I activated Tidal in the Roon settings menu things went wrong. The Nucleus is losing connection all the time. Roon finds the core, shuts down, finds the core, shuts down and so on. This goes on for about 12 hours now.

When I use the Lightning software of my Auralic Aries G2 everything (Qobuz and Tidal) work fine…

What can I do?

They had some server issues yesterday, looks like it should be sorted now.

1 Like

Hi bevan_court,
Thanks for your answer, but over here (in the Netherlands), the problem is still there…

Problem solved by resetting my “database and settings”.

I am sorry but after resetting my “database and settings”, reactivate Qobuz, reinstall my most recent back-up (for hours) things looked fine.

After reactivating Tidal at last the problem I described before started all over again…:unamused:

Might be best to tag @support in to see if they can help at this point.

Hi @Huite_Vogelaar,

I have gone ahead and unmarked the previous solution. Can you please provide some more information here?

1. What Roon Remotes are you using? What is the model/manufacturer?
  2. Is the behavior the same across multiple Roon Remotes? Do they lose connection at the same time?
  3. What is your network setup like? Can you list the model/manufacturer of all your networking gear including router, switches, range extenders, powerline adapters, ect?
  4. When this issue occurs, is the Nucleus Web UI still accessible?
  5. If you disable TIDAL when this issue occurs, does the Nucleus behave as expected again?

Hi Norris,

ThX for your reply.

1. Most of the time my iPad Pro (2017) now and then my PC with Win10 or my Phone with Android 9.X.

2. The behavior is the same across the multiple Roon Remotes. They lose connection at the same time.

3. Modem/Router: Fritzbox 5490, switch AQVox SE. That’s all.

4. No.

5. No, not without resetting my “database and settings” and reinstall my most recent (Qobuz) back-up. After that everything looks fine until I activate Tidal again.

So with only Qobuz activated no problem, but with Qobus and Tidal the “shit” starts all over.

Hi @Huite_Vogelaar,

Thanks for letting me know that info. I would next like to see what the diagnostics from your Nucleus report when you are in this state.

Can I please ask you to reproduce this issue once more, note the exact local time in your country when the issue occurs (e.g. 10:29PM on 6/17/19) and then manually send me the logs from your Nucleus core by using these instructions? The best way to get them over to me would be via a shared Dropbox / Google Drive / Send.firefox.com link.

Please retrieve the log file before resetting the database, as resetting the database erases the logs and the information regarding the state that the Nucleus is in. Can you let me know if you are able to perform the above? If you need any clarification just let me know and I can clarify.

Thanks for your reply and help Noris,

No I can’t and don’t want to reproduce the issue once more.

I can’t because I don’t see my Nucleus in Windows Explorer. I can see all my network gear there but not my Nucleus. Don’t know why…

And I don’t want to because adding Tidal is not so important for me that I want to go through all this fuss.

Everything is working fine now with (just) Qobuz and I like to keep it that way.

I hope you understand wat I mean and I wish you and you colleges a pleasant day!

Ciao, Huite

Hi @Huite_Vogelaar,

You wouldn’t necessarily see the Nucleus in the sidebar. You should be able to navigate to the Nucleus share by typing \\NUCLEUS\ or \\NUCLEUSPLUS\ in the Windows Explorer address bar.

I understand the reluctance to reproduce the issue, and obviously I can’t force you to do this.

This behavior does seem very strange and unexpected, and while I can’t say what exactly is triggering it, if you change your mind and want to investigate this further (and possibly get TIDAL working in your setup) do let me know and we can take another look.

A post was split to a new topic: Roon unstable after adding TIDAL