Roon taking up to 20 seconds to start playing

@support,
Has there been an update on this issue?

I am a new user to Roon using Roon core on my 2021 Mac Mini M1 with 16GB of RAM. If I try open a new song it’s taking up to 20 seconds to start playing. It’s so annoying. This and the issue with iPhone app constantly crashing making it unusable is making me question whether to remain a subscriber. I wasn’t expecting Roon to be so buggy and slow to use.

1 Like

Hi,

The Roon @support team prefer one topic per customer’s issue… so they are able to track it and focus on each individual problem. hence I split out your topic.

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup and the nature of the issue using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they have a clear understanding of how your devices are connected.

Thanks Carl

This issue is most noticeable when using roon on iPad ( as mentioned above I can’t even use my iPhone 12pro as roon is unusable on it) to send music to my bluesound node 2i (hardwired via Ethernet to modem) My roon core on Mac mini is in another room. I have no issue with actual playback when the song eventually starts(no skipping), it just takes so long to start a new song. So long in fact that I can actually open Apple Music connect to node via airplay 2 before a song starts on roon. It’s awful.

Music is stored on a wd black 8tb drive connected to Mac mini via usb 3. Drive inside is a 7200 so shouldn’t be slow.

This is actually happening on the mac mini where core is installed too when selecting a track in Roon app. If i search for a song and hit play it take 20-30 seconds for the song to play. The time bar at bottom of the screen flashes purple moving back and forth left to right until the song starts.

1 Like

Same here, still.

2 Likes

Hey @William_Thyne,

Thanks so much for following up and sharing that you’re experiencing a similar issue to @Audiomark. I’m sorry you are affected…:pleading_face:

I’ve notified our technical team about the fact that this issue is ongoing. They will be able to share any insights and possible next steps.

We’ve just returned to work today after a holiday weekend - they’re catching up and will be in touch as soon as possible.

Is there any update on this issue?

Hello @William_Thyne,

Thanks for following up on this thread and sorry for the radio silence :radio: . I’ve circled back with our technical team on this.

Please, bear with us a little longer :bear:

In the meantime, @William_Thyne, I was hoping we could try one more step :nerd_face:

Would you mind changing your Router’s DNS servers from the ISP provided ones to Cloudflare DNS, Quad9 or Google DNS?

This topic was automatically closed after 12 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.