Roon - Tidal Login Fail [Resolved - disabled VPN]

Hello @Brian_McGregor, and thanks for sharing those files with us! Our team took a look at this thread and wanted to know if you still see this issue with your VPN disabled? We’ve noticed what looks like some networking issues and would like to eliminate some variables so we can get things going for you.

When you have a chance, please disable the VPN temporarily, try to log into TIDAL via Roon again, and reply here with a timestamp when you do. Thanks!

I’m new to this site, not technical, and don’t know what I’m doing, but I have a Roon/Tidal problem I hope can be resolved. Roon works fine with all devices until I begin to play, at which time I get a notice “Tidal is loading slowly. This may indicate a networking or connectivity problem” The same message occurs on all playback devices. That being said, Tidal has been working perfectly through Roon on this same system for more than a year. My internet speed is fast (220 mbps), I have the latest version of Roon (1.7 610), and Tidal works fine by itself through my network. Any suggestions a layman can understand?

Hi Nick_Winslow,
Welcome to the Roon Community. Roon will want to treat each user’s problem separately. It allows them to track resolution and make sure your specific issues are addressed. To do this, post a new thread under Support with a new title. Be sure to give specifics of your system as described here.

@nuwriy Thanks for sticking with this. VPN is now disabled on Roon Server, and Tidal has been reconnected. I will post back if Tidal loses it’s connection.

Hello @Brian_McGregor, have things continued to work since disabling the VPN?

@nuwriy - YES! Without VPN, Tidal has stayed connected without getting dropped. I have reached out to ExpressVPN support for guidance and assistance. However, I got the standard answer that did not help.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.