Roon/Tidal not working properly [Resolved]

Same problem here in the USA.

Hi @jwtrace,

Iā€™ve started a new thread for your issue as the old one was found to be a specific issue arising from a country code error. Can you set out in more detail exactly what you are experiencing together with some system details ?

As a preliminary step, if you cannot locate playlists etc., check whether you are somehow logged in to a different Roon profile. This has happened to a number of users who werenā€™t aware that they even had an additional profile in Roon.

One account that I know of. Cleared cache and that didnā€™t do anything.

Only one account confirmed. I donā€™t get why this happensā€¦very frustrating.

Did you quit the Roon or Roon Server app and then restart? Sometimes that helps.

Cheers, Greg

Stopping RoonServer on the Synology 1813+ and restarting it did the trick.

1 Like

Glad you up and running.

I know itā€™s a bit of a ā€˜jokeā€™ but in the IT support world ā€œswitching it off and on againā€ often works wonders. We did just that to a very large system recent ā€¦ and now all is well again.

Iā€™ve found in the past that restarting the computer isnā€™t enough. The Roon Core needs to be restarted.

Anyway, great that itā€™s working.

Cheers, Greg

Hi @Greg,
Surely restarting the computer [that the core is running on of course] restarts the Roon Core.
Am I missing something?

You would think, however itā€™s not always what Iā€™ve observed. I have no idea why.

Cheers, Greg

What I donā€™t understand and Iā€™ve asked other companies and have always gotten crickets as a response. If itā€™s advantageous to something being restarted every once in a while; why not write the code as such so it automatically (in this case) would stop and restart every week, month or whatever youā€™re able to select? That just seems to make sense to me to keep everything running smooth and to avoid this issue.