Roon Web Display Does Not Work

Roon Core Machine

Linux Ubuntu running Roon Core - Hardwired to router

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Router is Asus RT-AX88U, latest firmware, tried restarting router

Connected Audio Devices

Roon Bridge on Allo USB Signature running Moode Audio - Hardwired to router, Musician Audio Pegasus DAC connected to Allo via USB

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I have been unable to get Roon Web Display to work. I have followed the steps at this site:

I have tried it using the following browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Safari
on the following devices: iPad Pro latest version-wireless, MacBook Pro-wireless, Windows 11-hardwired to router.

The Roon logo is displayed when navigating to http://192.168.50.160:9330/display/ but the Display does not show up in Settings->Displays on the Roon Controller installed on my iPhone 14.

All devices are on the same subnet - 192.168.50.0

I cannot figure out what could be causing this to not work?

With your Core running and a Remote running (e.g., an iPhone or iPad in your case), what happens when you select “Enable” on either the Shield or Shield Android TV? Can you also open a browser (I just tested this on Firefox on iOS on my iPhone) on any of your devices and type the address http://192.168.50.160:9300/display? My web browser became an available display option and the Roon logo popped open in the browser window.

I am able to enable Shield and can successfully display now playing information on my Shield TV, but even with this enabled the web display options don’t show up.

I can’t open port 9300, only 9330

Same as here

and here

Where as in the last case, a simple reboot of the Roon Core resolved the issue.

PS: I can’t see any issue with Roon 2.0 and its Display feature. It works for me with a Google ChromeCast and web browsers as well.

1 Like

I restarted the computer running the Roon Core, and it works now. Thank you for the help. Not sure why I didn’t think of that. :relaxed:

Glad it is all sorted for you @Christopher_Houseman.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.