rooNuimo – best Roon controller ever

As I use the Roon API I see no chance for sending keypresses to the amp. The volume integration works as the harmony offers a volume control to Roon that I use. There is no direct connection between rooNuimo and harmony, sorry.

This is still on my list :cold_sweat:
Currently I prepare v3.0.0 with some more languages (French and Spanish), OTA update support and the ability to have the roon-extension-manager running.
Maybe @Klaus_Engel will find some time to implement it in near future :wink:

Best DrCWO

2 Likes

Having liked the new feature set I check Roon and realise I’m still running 2.1.3 everywhere. :sweat_smile:

Hi @DrCWO is v3 going to be a Christmas present still or is it likely to be in the new year?

Looking forward to having Roon extension manager running on this as I can remove another Pi then and have 4 spare ones in the house. I could be a millionaire then if the shortage continues :laughing:

Thought I will make it this week but no success :cold_sweat:
Next week I am travelling but I expect I will release it end of first November week…

1 Like

So it will be an early Christmas present :wink:
Great stuff

1 Like

I gave this a try as it would be a really nice solution to adjust volume for a device that doesn’t support native Roon volume controls. However I was unsuccessful in getting it to function. Is there a special trick in selecting a different zone to control in the Nuimo extension?

You must first make it work that the amplifier got controlled by infrared using the Roon volume control. Pressing +|- should change amplifier volume.
If this works go to the setting in rooNuimo and select the zone you used with roon to control the volume.
Best DrCWO

Can’t get the first part to work, probably because my current preamp also supports native Roon volume control.

You should contact the guy that provides the Deep Harmony Roon Extension.
I can‘t support this as I have no idea how it works.
Best DrCWO

Got my zexmte Antenna, nuimo worked now much more stable.

While i was at it i also orderd this USB-Bluetooth-Soundcard for my Bowers & Wikins PX8 BT-Headphone which should arrive next week and supports aptX adaptive/HD/LL.

I simply put this Card in rooExtend and restarted. As expected, the soundcard gets discovered by rooExtend and it was a breece to connect a LG Bluetooth-Speaker which i has lying around to Roon! Roon lets me connect this with 96kHz, which is not that bad i guess.

So, i think one can easyly overlook the possibility to not only connect USB-DACs to rooExtend but also USB-Soundcards, in this case for connecting a aptX adaptive/HD Headphone Wireless with the best possible Audio-Quality to Roon. So iOS-Heads didn’t need to fallback to the more lossy aac-codec with there expensive new Bluetooth-Headphones!

1 Like

This is indeed a very cool finding :+1::+1::+1::+1:

I never thought about this but you are right, really great :smile:
I wonder if such a BT USB Soundcard also will replace the BT-receiver I recommended for using the Nuimo and Surface Dial?

You can check this if you reboot the Pi with the USB-Soundcard attached and take a look at the log. If you see right at the beginning a string: “Has Bluetooth: true hci0 USB” it will be also used as BT-Receiver for Nuimo and Microsoft Surface Dial.

Best DrCWO

Nope, i didn’t even try.

The Bluetooth Part of this Soundcard Stick is located behind the soundcard, so rooExtend or the raspberry pi couldn’t even see it.

Maybe there are USB Soundcards or USB-BT Transmitters with the latest BT 5.3 which support such a usecase AND include the latest codecs, but i couldn’t find any.

I’m very happy with this little xemte soundcard, it just works, sounds great. For roundabout 30€ you couldn’t ask for more. Put this thing on your rooExtend Box, add a cheap Bluetooth-speaker for your workshop, kitchen or else up to 20m from your rooExtend Box and you roonified even the farthest part of your home.

Or just connect a good Bluetooth Headphone and get the best Wireless Sound your BT-Headset supports. And if your’e out and about, just disconnect the soundcard from the rooExtend-Box and use it with an Lightning to USB Adapter direct with your iPhone. Will test this next week. Should also work.

I think you should add this thing to your rooExtend compatibility List. Highly recommended!

1 Like

Soon my new rooExtend-box will be introduced in the regular HiFi market. I added this use case to its manual ten minutes ago.

Thank you very much :grinning:
DrCWO

1 Like

Just if someone is interested in a SENIC Nuimo Controller.

Here is a current offer in EBAY.

Best DrCWO

hey Doc
the link of the description how to update nuimo firmware is ko … any new link ? any specific trick to know?

All the https://rooExtend.com links will be gone in future as this domain will be used for the marketing of the new rooExtend-Box.

Please use the https://rooExtend.de domain instead.

Best DrCWO

New feature request, could you implement multiple hotkeyable radio stations? I frequently listen to 4 different radio stations, it would be awesome if I could swap between these stations with different long press button commands. :slight_smile:

You can swap through radio stations if you swipe the Nuimo right or left.
This works if you started the radio station via the Nuimo Radio playback.

So you have to assign a gesture (press or long press) to the first radio station. If it playing you can swipe to get to the next or previous station.

Best DrCWO

I wasn’t aware of that feature, I will give it a go. However my radio list is quite long and swiping though all of them in order to connect with the radio station of interest is sub ideal.

This I understand :smiling_face:
More than one radio station is already on the long term list but currently so much to do with the launch auf the rooExtend-Box and v3.0.0 :cold_sweat:

Best DrCWO