rooUPnP: Finally a Roon Extension for UPnP Streamers

All my Roon extemsions can run on ONE Pi in parallel.

So you don‘t need a second Pi

Best DrCWO

1 Like

Hello! Is it possible to install the rooUPnP extension onto an existing Roon Server installation? I was unable to find a download for it or any other documentation regarding an alternate installation. I’d like to avoid running another pi in my house if I can help it, I have a virtualization server already that I run Roon Server on (under Linux) that I’d like to use if I can. Thank you!

I’m sorry, but as I am a one man show I don’t have the capacity to support :sleepy:
This means the answer is no. rooExtend is available only for Raspberry Pi or as the Plug&Play rooExtend-Box.

Best DrCWO

Thank you for taking the time to reply and I totally understand your reasoning. Cheers!

I mean I don’t mind buying a small Pi, but since I’ve been on the waiting for 3 months already and I still can’t find/buy one, so it is frustrating to not being able to use your software given this hardware-specific requirement.

Are there plans to make your extension compatible with Windows/OSX?

Hi @RoonFan,
I know that it is difficult to get a Raspberry at the moment but hings shall improve during this year.
But there an alternatives:

• my RooExtend-Box or
  • the offer from Hörzone. If you don’t like the Nuimo you can sell it for aprox. 160€ via Ebay-Kleinanzeigen.

As I am a one man show I don’t have the capacity to support more than one platform. As I started the project Raspberry was a good choice as it was cheap and available. That changed but I’m sorry. I can’t offer for Windows at the moment :sleepy:

Best DrCWO

1 Like

Hello,
I purchased a license to use in Roon on MacOS. Unfortunately, there is no download link for the extension provided so could I either:

1. Get a refund for my license
  2. Get the download link for Roon on Mac OS

Regards,
Jason

PS I am using a Ayon S-5 NWP and getting a little frustrated in the lack of DLNA/UPnP support for high-res audio.

Hi Jason
I wonder about your mail :thinking:

I am not Roon but I can give you the requested download link for Roon on Mac OS:
Downloads - Roon Labs

I hope you read my rooUPnP Page which also includes all the links you need. I hope you know that you need a Raspberry Pi to make rooExtend work.

You will find more information here: http://diy.rooExtend.com.

Best DrCWO

Hi, I think there may be some confusion, would you mind clarifying what you are trying to download.

If it’s all Roon related I’ll split your post out to Support, if it’s about @DrCWO products then you’re in the right place.

Let me know so you can get the help from the right people.

1 Like

There is a misleading “translation” on the rooUPnP page that states, “rooUPnP supports Roon cores on all platforms (Windows, macOS, Linux, RoonOS).” My Roon Core is running on MacOS, but the extension cannot be installed on it. So, does that mean I have to request a refund?

@Jason_Tyrrell,
I apologize, but if you read a bit further you see that it is clearly said that you need a Raspberry Pi!

If you worry about the money you spent: I am willing to refund you if you ask for it!

Best DrCWO

Hello,
We can argue semantics, but from the RooUPnP page (PF-extension_rooUpnp – rooextend) it clearly states that the extension runs on all Roon Core Platforms. There is nothing on the page to indicate the RooExtend is a requirement.

I’ll send the request for refund via PayPal.

Regards,
Jason

I can’t see the word “runs”, it just says “supports” which I took to mean that it works whatever your Roon Core is running in.

2 Likes

Please send me the License Key you bought to info@definiteaudio.de and I will start the refunding process at sellcodes.

I still wonder why you bought the license. The link you sent is part of the rooExtend-Box shop page and there you can buy the rooUPnP license for the rooExtend-Box.

If I were you I would have said “Hey DrCWO I made a mistake and didn’t read the description before purchasing and would appreciate a refund.” instead of telling me my product descriptions are not clear enough.

But of course I understand that different people deal with things differently.
Nevertheless, I find your behavior strange and difficult to understand.

Best DrCWO

Dear DrCWO,
I wish you hadn’t gone there :frowning: You’ve managed to make me feel like my intelligence has been insulted, disrespected and a little foolish.

I’m just a music enthusiast with $10,000’s invested in some very special Hi-Fi gear looking for the grail of “Finally a Roon Extension for UPnP Streamers” I feel deceived because I followed the “glossy” web pages and not the DIY pages while working under the time constraint from the 2 week trial from Roon Labs.

I’ve sent the request for refund to the e-mail indicated above.

Sincerely,
Jasom

Yes, this makes sense. Don‘t worry. You will got refunded :+1:
rooUPnP works nicely and would probably solve your UPnP issue. What UPnP streamer did you use. Not all are supported by rooUPnP

Best DrCWO

I’ve bought a code for one week for test purpose. I’ve burned the SD and inserted on a Raspberry Pi3b and, after the initial settings on Roon extensions, the bridge works fine.

The license number for rooUPnP is accepted, but it is always searching without find my UPnP devices.

Thinking that the problem could be the Raspberry Pi3, I’ve burn another sd card and insert it on a Raspberry Pi4, but now the code doesn’t work on it.

How can I solve the problem?

You need to remove the licence from the first Raspi before you use the Raspi 4. You only get a licence for a single device.
This is covered in the instructions.

Also here.

The licence I purchased no longer works - I have also been charged for the temp license although not using it ,. How can I fix this ?

regards

jim

Hi @James_DOLAN,

please send me the License Keys of the Test License and the one you bought so I can check to info@definiteaudio.de.

To get rid if being recharged for the test license each week you have to disable the recurring license in Sellcodes. Maybe in PayPal this is also possible…

Best DRCWO