Search not returning results since updating to Build 952 [Solved: Update to Build 970]

Hey Community members,

We’ve had a steady increase in reports that search isn’t returning results since installing Build 952. We have a ticket in with the developer team and we’re currently investigating.

If you’re experiencing issues with search since the update please let us know in this thread. Several of you have had your reports merged into this thread in order to centralize user tracking and consolidate our status updates in one location.

To help facilitate a fix please use the directions found here and send over a set of logs to our File Uploader Please include your Community username and ‘search’ in the zip file name.

We apologize for any inconvenience you’ve experienced and appreciate your assistance while we review the issue.

Please try using the Filter function on your Album, Artist, and Tracks pages for locate the music in your library while we work on this issue.

I have my local library storage of music files in Roon server. And Tidal is connected in Roon. I suppose the search function will search local library and Tidal.

The filter function works on my local library.

What is interesting is that the previous search (say a few days ago when search still worked) did return result… But I guess it may be the cached result.

I tried to uninstall Roon server and remove the data. Even after reinstallation of a fresh Roon server, the search problem still persists.

I also tried to unplug from switch and plug directly to router. Still cannot search

I wonder if there is any Windows OS setting will cause this problem ? However, Roon server already turned off Winidows update.

To Roon support team, any insights on the problem ?

I do experience the vary same problem as @a_m2. Software version of the Roon core is also 1.8 (build 952). I noted the problem for the first time in the last week, presumably after the latest software update. The core has been rebooted after the problem first occured. The problem occurs on all access points (Windows, iPadOS, iOS).

Is there a way to fix this?

Roon Core Machine

Xeon 8core, Gigabyte Motherboard 32 GB RAM , OS windows 10

Networking Gear & Setup Details

cisco

Connected Audio Devices

merging Hapi Ethernet
caryaudio dns500 ethernet
denafrips ares usb

Number of Tracks in Library

150,000 tracks

Description of Issue

After the last update, the search is not providing any results.
Everything else on my system works.
I rebooted but no change.
tidal and qobus works, but not the search function.

Hi @salvatore_morelli,

I wanted to reach out because I’ve been attempting to download a diagnostics report from your setup.

For some reason it is not reaching our servers, even after I tried re-enabling diagnostics on your account. I also ran a quick test and I was able to submit a similar report from my setup here, so something else is going on.

So we can move forward, I was hoping that you could use the directions found here and send over a set of logs to our File Uploader?

We appreciate your help with troubleshooting this issue. Thanks!

Roon Core Machine

CAD CAT
Windows
i5
8GB

Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

USB

Description of Issue

Search is not working
No results when searching via Roon
Using latest 1.8 build 952 server and remote

Hi, I am having the same problem. I recently changed the computer I was using as server and now search won’t work on any remote. Have you found a solution yet?

I have the same problem. It started since the last upgrade of the Roon. I didn’t change anything i n my Windows 2012 R2 serwer. Any solutions ?

Same problem on my windows pc.

Roon Core Machine

Intel PC Celeron J1900 CPU
4GB RAM, Win10 Pro 32-bit version

PC connected via gigabit ethernet to Cisco SG110D-08 router.
Music stored on Synology DS214 NAS

Connected Audio Devices

Lumin X1, Roon Remote on iPad Pro (2021) and Samsung S20 FE

35,000 tracks plus using Qobuz.

Description of Issue

Search not working after latest update. All I get after I type in a search is the Roon squid. Doesn’t matter if local files or via Qobuz. I’ve rebooted core, router, and iPad & Android phone. I also tried logging out of Qobuz and Roon Core. Problem remains. I can search no problem via other apps including Lumin and Linn. Not a network issue that I can see. Issue is the software or perhaps it’s a regional issue.

Hi there
Same problem with me. It´s only the search funktion, that does not work anymore. If I pick an album from i.e. the Qobus news list -no problem. Also restarted everything - no search since a few days ( latest update ?)
Hardware is a Ripnas Solid V5 which should have inside: Intel Celeron 1151, 2TB HDD, 120GB SDD, 8GB RAM, WIN 10 PRO

I have the same issue.

Search doesn’t work on any of my devices following latest update, including the core machine itself.

Just get the infinite Roon squid of doom:

Very frustrating - not long since the OS crashing issue was fixed after a very long wait. And now Roon is unusable again… For me over the past year Roon has been in a broken state more than it’s been usable!

@support are you investigating this issue?

Setup details below

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 Pro, Core I5 4310U CPU, 8GB Memory, 128 GB SSD, Roon 1.8 Build 952 64 bit. Dell laptop.

Used to stream from local NAS and with Tidal.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Google Wifi Router (Mesh with 2 mesh units) used as network DHCP server, connected to BT modem PPPoE
Gigabit ethernet network via TP-Link 24-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch, TL-SG1024D

Core, connected via Ethernet, DHCP but static IP assigned by router
Music library on Synology NAS (shared folder), also connected via ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Project Stream BOX S2 Ultra (ethernet connection to network) → Benchmark DAC 3 via USB
Apple TV (x 2) (ethernet connection to network) using airplay
Naim Mu-so QB Gen1 (x 2) (ethernet connection to network) using airplay
IOS Remotes all connected via wifi:

• Iphone 8IOS 15.4.1
  • Iphone 12 mini IOS 15.4.1
  • Ipad 6th Gen IOS 15.4.1

Windows 10 Laptop remote connected via wifi
Samsung Tab S SM:T700. Android 6.01 Remote connected via wifi

I use the Playback Designs streamer MPT-8, connecting to network trought a network cable. I acess it using Roon Remote App and I have two problems:

1. The searching tool not working - always when I try to search for some Artist/Album/Track, it is never found. The app just keep loading… (video attached)

2. I can not sync my Library from TIDAL or QOBUZ in the Roon Home page. I am properly logged in in both services, but my Library does not sync…

[Moderator: content removed because it had personal information as per guidelines]

[Post reposited in the thread by Staff in order to facilitate staff post header]

Roon Core Machine v1.8 Build 952

Windows 10 [desktop and notebook],
Android 11 [Samsung Note 9 and Huawei tablet)

Devices are connected:
Desktop via Ethernet LAN
Notebook, Phone and Tablet via wifi
Router is Asus

Connected Audio Devices

Over 50,000 tracks

Description of Issue

Roon search ceased to work in any of my devices. The search icon keeps blinking saying Searching for " xxx " E.g. xxx = take my breath away; xxx = Pulp. But no result returned after a long time (over 1min+) . And no timeout, it seems.

Roon Core Machine

Roon Server 1.8 build 952 on Windows 7

Hardwired gigabit Ethernet. Reboots haven’t helped. No other Internet access issues.

Connected Audio Devices

WASABI, AIrplay

About 6000 files

Description of Issue

When I try to search for anything, all i get is a never-ending spinner.
I’ve also tried rebooting the Core, and disabling Qubuz, no change.

I had the same problem the last few days. I finally tried clearing the image cache (I know, shouldn’t be any relation), and that fixed it. Just a suggestion.

If you want to clear the cache, just navigate to the database folder (while roon or roonserver is off) and rename cache to cache_old. On restarting the server (or Roon) a new cache folder will be created.