Settings not displaying properly or crashing [Resolved with Build 756]

The new version crashes all the time when i click on settings.
It crashes as well when i click on title.

1 Like

Hi, All my devices are in english and it still crashes

Rebooting doesn’t change anything.
It works on the Android remote, but not on the Windows10 version.
Any help/suggestions?

After checking the languages it turned out language for app was english/dutch, replaced in english only. everything works fine.

You must be joking … I am not going to change my OS settings for one app … do some QA before shipping.

2 Likes

I had the same settings problem yesterday. After changing my windows 10 language to English it solved the problem. But this morning (after shut down and restart) the same problem is here again and now with the changed language settings(to English) from yesterday evening.

Stimmt nicht! Auch in Englisch nur allgemeine Einstellungen sichtbar

2 Likes

Same problems with Roon 1.8.

I use an iPad Mini 4 and an iPhone 11 both with latest software. Both iOS devices crashes from the moment when I open „settings“ and then „displays“ or „about“. In addition also I see the purple color stripe on the iPad. Reinstallation of the Roon-App does not solve the problem nor the restarting of the Core or the changing of the language from German to English.

So far the Roon-App on my Macbook Pro with macOS works without any problems.

I hope there is a fix for this bug on iOS mobile devices soon!

Or add tags in focus inside the albums!!!

There are a number of Qobuz items that have the wrong metadata for file resolution. I believe the info on the main display reflects Qobuz’s metadata while the signal path shows the real resolution of the file. Put another way this may well be a Qobuz metadata issue, not Roon’s.

1 Like

German language, same with me! This is a beta and not a final version.
Desaster​:mask::roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Hi, i change the language to en, de, fr but nothing change. My OS is Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit italian

It could be. Yesterday, I had few time for testing, but I did not find any further issues with other albums.

In addition to all the above: has the missing “Discovery” in the menu on left side been mentioned (Win 10)? I can see it in “Overview” after scrolling down quite a bit which is laborious to my taste. Thanks

Same issue here with Italian language setting on iPad, changing to English works fine. IPhone 11 works quite fine in Italian language excepts ‘display’ in settings menu

Warning: do not change language in Roon, but change the language of the operating system !!!

What can i do when i first updated the Core? I did because i didn´t know that i have to update the Roon-remote first. Now i have Problems and the Remote always close when i tip “settings” and i can´t open it again. I have tot delete the App and load it again… after tip to “settings” it closes again and i have to delete and load the App and so on.
thanks mario

This sounds as if you have updated successfully but are experiencing a known issue about settings causing a crash.

I’ll move your post there.

Same here…

Hi Mario,
If you have installed CORE on a PC or Mac, try close Roon Core and the computer. After that delete Roon Remote. Then go to the (App) store and choose Roon Remote and installments and open it.
Remote must tell you that you have to install the new Roon or RoonServer 1.8. Start the computer and open Roon or install RoonServer. I use only RoonServer.
When Roon all your music files has imported and is ready, open on your iPad or tablet Roon Remote. Perhaps it ask you to choose another Core. When you do so, you can next choose for the Core that is on your computer.
Succes, Michel G.