Settings not displaying properly or crashing [Resolved with Build 756]

This indeed fixes the issue. though it’s not a fix for me as I need it to be a different language

This fixed it for me, but it is bloody shame I have to install a new language package to a Dutch W10 install.

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 / Intel Nuc 5 i3/ Roon Build 1.8

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

some UNIFI Switches and Wlan Routers, using mainly LAN only the iPad is connect with WLAN

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Gato Audio DIA-400S NPM using LAN
Arcam AVR-550 using HDMI
Yamaha RX-A3020 using HDMI and somtimes LAN with Airplay
3 x Sonos 1:play
1 x Sonos one
1 x Sonso connect

Description Of Issue

Sinse the update to Roon 1.8 the Settings dialog is frozen on the General “Tab”. Its not possible to go back or switch to an other tab, like Audio, because its not visible.

2 Likes

Gleiches Problem nach der Installation der Control-App unter Windows 10.

1 Like

Same here. Had to change the other settings from the Android App. Disappointing.

When I try to open Settings Roon on my iPad there is a crash and Roon is gone. Waiting for a fix…

There is a workaround for this. it worked on my ipad AIR

Reinstall the app
Keep language on English from ROON
Keep system ipadOS language on English

Problem solved

In version 1.8 the Settings tab shows only one “handle” when you click on it, it takes you to “https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/translation-instructions”… so, basically the whole “Settings” tab is stuck in the “General” sub-tab… have uninstalled the update and reinstalled from scratch, same situation… please, do fix

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number) Roon Nucleus MK2 (updated to V1.8)

TEXT GOES HERE

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet) Ethernet

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.) Melco N1A + MA9000

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of IssueAfter update of the system to V1.8 the Roon remote app on my iPad crashes, when I try to go to settings so I caanot use this task. New installation did not help.

TEXT GOES HERE

1 Like

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
When i select settings in the new roon 1.8 iOS app it just crashes and restart.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

TEXT GOES HERE

I agree Ger. This is the worst rollout I’ve seen since years. Hopefully the Roon Staff will evaluate and take actions to prevent this in the future.

The language issue not only happens with iOS devices, but with OSx ones.
I have Roon installed in a Mac Mini (El Capitan Mac OS) with Spanish set as default language. With that configuration, when clicking settings you get a blank column with a purple tab that -when clicked- links to a support page.
I changed OS language to English and everything works properly. I could do that because the Mac Mini is exclusively dedicated to Roon, but for somebody that uses the device where Roon is installed for other purposes and uses applications in another language this is a BIG issue

Welcome to the beta test. Roon on the Ipad (iOS 14.4) Playlist → Artist is not displayed. Column is empty. With all playlists. Activation of the column Album artist = crash! How many errors can you still discover? It sucks! I don’t want to be a tester.

I confirm the workaround.

*** Add US English region and language,**
*** start Roon client to check that “Settings” are showing ok,**
*** close Roon client,**
*** set back to your initial settings,**
*** normally ROon client Setting page should be ok**

@support Maybe the problem is related to the language the PC is set on, not the language the Roon app is set on… as my Roon app is in English, but my operating system is in Spanish (I have the issue no mater if I switch the app to Spanish or to English)

This did not fix the problem for me. :unamused:

It works with US English region and language as you suggested.
But when I go back to my regional settings in Windows (I use Romanian) the problem in Roon is back.

Same experience after reboot the problem came back

bad… nothing works. uninstall roonserver and remote-app and install again, again no chance to get to settings.
and i don´t understand the fully roon: there i can open setting but no more backups possible?
at the moment, i can´t listen music… really bad