Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

These office based systems are incredibly clean and organized.

Mine isn’t anywhere close.

@Peter_Bruderer
@Dave_Kitson
@Frank_Berens1

So it begins!

Well…45 minutes later…

That was easy!

46 Likes

How do you like your speakers? I am looking to upgrade my A2. :slight_smile:

If for me @Tech_Whisky_Lab:

Love them! The Zu Druid V’s make me very happy. Huge sound, amazing detail and precision, lovely soundstage.

1 Like

gorgeous; i’ve never seen a black RT707. custom case too?

The Feniks Audio have a built-in DAC, can do MQA but they are limited to 24/96. Well, not a limit really. They are very precise. Good bass, extremely transparent. I use them directly connected without another DAC. Nice soundstage. They are used in professional environments too.

The Bose are not bad neither. When I dropped the Meridian Explorer2 and got the RME ADI-2 DAC the difference was amazing. I can imagine the RME with the Feniks would sound much better, but I’m too lazy to try.

I do not know the A2, but I think they are better then the Bose but not as good as the Feniks.

Both, the Bose and the Feniks are really heavy for their size. I would buy both of them again.

1 Like

What’s the acoustic treatment? Made or bought? Material?

Discovering new music with Roon while having a cup of Gyokuro (Japanese green tea).
The speakers are digital actives (Nubert nuPro X-3000 -> direct USB connection).
I wish you guys all the best!!!

40 Likes

You realize is light outside? Probably too bright! Nice clean desk :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Bigger tablet. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bedroom office Roon setup Naim Qb2

13 Likes

I have the same Chord setup but not the power supply. Interesting to hear about the perceived improvement. I will definitely check this out. What was your experience with switching from Hugo to Dave?

Time to share my setup: Naim Unity Nova and a pair of Sonus Faber Olympica Nova 1. Mainly running on Roon, sometimes TV stereo sound. That’s it. My Rock device (8-year-old Zotac Mini PC I almost discarded two years ago, doing a very good job serving up to four zones without drop outs) sits in the storage room next to the NAS. Qobuz is the service of my choice. I am more than happy with the sound and the look of it, not too technical and fits into the living room.

32 Likes

Ah this is where my limited expressive vocabulary holds me back. However I will paraphrase my dealer who was with me during the home audition. “With the TT 2 it sounded like the notes were rising like discs, with the DAVE they sound more like bubbles”. Some artistic licence but I got what he meant and there was a more rounded 3D effect to the sound. He also described the sound like “good analogue” as he is actually a high end vinyl guy personally, although that phrase is like a red rag to a bull to many digital audiophiles. Adding the Farad Super3 to the M Scaler was also quite an obvious uplift and made the singers sound like they’d stopped being nervous about their performance and had visibly relaxed. At the end of the day you’ve got almost hyper detail and realism but with none of the negative connotations that historically had such as sterile, etched, edgy or cold sound.

2 Likes

Is that monitor 2k, 4k etc and or what size is it? Just wondering how you get 17 albums across + 8 down. My 32" 2k office system gets me 14 and 6

I’ve been spending a lot of time at my desk working from home recently. Here’s my home-office set-up:

Roon Core and music on sonicTransporter-AP (8TB) (behind me)
Roon endpoint and control: 27" iMac, Schiit Audio Modi 2 DAC, Magni 3 amp, Loki 4-band equalizer, PSB Alpha PS-1 speakers and Focal Clear headphones.

15 Likes

16 posts were split to a new topic: Giant pile of Schitt

A post was merged into an existing topic: What are we listening to [2020]

Hi Massimo,
Congratulations for devoting care to room reflections, that play an important role in stereophonic image rendering. Worthy investment I am sure. What are these strange front face speakers ?
CD

Nice looking set up! I like the all black look. btw, who makes that little stand in the right rack that looks like it is sitting on balls? Thanks!