Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

Cats… Five of them… lol.
2 Savannah, 1 Bengal and 2 rescue moggies

2 Likes

Hitchhiker’s fan methinks

i’m also a hoopy frood and always know where my towel is :+1: :rocket: :fireworks:

2 Likes

I added a pair IsoAcoustics GAIA 1’s and was shocked that my lower end tightened up. I too run my blades with 200wpc McIntosh gear. As long as you like what you hear enjoy!!

15 Likes

Thanks for the info on the isoAcoustics stand. I needed something like that! I have travertine floor, so I am not using the spikes that came with the speakers, which makes them a bit wobbly.

They’ll wobble with the Gaias under them too - they’re supposed to. It’s a bit disconcerting and counterintuitive at first but you get used to it. And when you hear the difference they make…(I’m sounding like a stuck record)

2 Likes

Now you guys really got me intrigued. Loved this forum. I did not expect to get this much input from a Roon forum. :slight_smile:

I reviewed them for Darko…he loves them too

i bought a set for my Focal 1029 be, but was disappointed in the sound. felt like they sucked the life out of my system. might have just been they raised the tweeter up too high.

1 Like

I’m not much given to tweaks but I’ll chime in as a fan of the Gaias as well, and the “swaying” is a little disconcerting at first fitting. The improvement I’m pretty sure I heard is in bass control and I’d get another set if I upgrade to heavier speakers.

1 Like

I had Townsend seismic platforms under my old speakers. The speakers were very big and heavy and the difference to the bass control was remarkable. Bass boom gone. About 100 squash balls and a granite platform may have worked too…

1 Like

I have the Townsend"s under my MBL speakers, had tried still points but they did not work anywhere near as well as the Townsend.

1 Like

Yes I find I prefer the suspension to the spikes ideas.

I listen around 75db to 80db. I recently changed my amplifier from a McIntosh MC352 to a PS Audio BHK 250 hybrid amp. The results from the Epicon 8’s were surprising. The amp you choose is incredibly important. Good Luck on your journey.

1 Like

Hi all, as part of the steps to reduce large threads we are closing down this thread and opening a new one:

Thanks for your contributions. See you all in the new thread.

3 Likes