Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2021 .. 2022]

Setting sun outside. Artwork on the TV changes up every so often. Ludovico Einaudi plays through the stereo. A relaxing scene.

Power / Signal Path:
APC H15 → Mistral Audio W-3900 → Custom Roon Rock Server → Silent Angel Bonn N8 → Silent Angel Forester F1→ miniDSP SHD Studio → Mutec MC-3+ USB → Stereo Devialet Phantom I Classic

10 Likes

Thanks for the complements. There are many amazing setups on this thread. As for the network switches, when one’s discretionary income is not unlimited, gotta prioritize.

3 Likes

How much of an improvement did the Lumin U1 taking over streaming function from the Nucleus make?

The U1 made a wonderful upgrade. The case seems impervious (to my ears) to any interference from other digital equipment. It upsamples to 384, and it’s hardwired on the LAN. Comes with a linear power supply so there are no warranty upgrade issues. The LUMIN community on this site is the best. Lastly I’ve never had another recognition re-boot problem (not Roon’s fault) since I put the Nucleus on the LAN. Oh, yeah, sound quality is great!

1 Like

In short: Your technician’s advice is correct. I tested audiophile switches for myself. If you want, you can read about my experiences here: Link

4 Likes

Can we stick to the subject here please?

4 Likes

Roon Core - Intel NUC11PAHi5
Media - Synology DS918+
Transporter - Allo DigiOne
Amp - Rotel 1572
Speakers - B&W 706 S2
Sub - B&W ASW608
Remote - Linx 10 & Harmony Elite

23 Likes

Thanks for the link to your writeup. One of the reasons for posting is feedback re Nucleus as a streamer, Ethernet cords and network switches- all pretty relevant for Roon users.

2 Likes

Add; Enjoyed your Simon Winchester post- precision vs accuracy is a great subject; Leicas M photography and Wabi-Sabi are core interests of mine; BTW, don’t consider them at all antithetical, especially M cameras and lenses of a certain age.

Streamlined setup with NAD M33, Focal Kanta 2s and a Marantz TT15 (which is really a Clearaudio marketed by Marantz). Roon is run on a Nucleus+ hidden in the cabinet.

29 Likes

DIRAC or not?

I’m not sure the question is for me, but if yes, yes Dirac using the NAD curve which I prefer over the Dirac curve. It makes a huge difference.

1 Like

Yes it was. I have an M10 and C658, I find the room correction an excellent addition.

Agreed. I will never by non-Dirac gear for my main system again.

2 Likes

Hi Dean, I bought the tt2 recently. Loving it so far! Did the ferrum hypsos provide a noticeable audio upgrade? If it did, what direction did the sound go? Warmer, detailed, etc.
All the posts I found advise against changing out the power supply but very few have tried (sigh) and couldn’t find anyone else besides you with the ferrum.
Any feedback greatly appreciated!

I have an M10. what is the NAD curve?

your house is gorgeous, particularly the first room/library with the arch. just lovely.

2 Likes

JUST came back from an hacienda around Pereira where you get to collect your grains, process, have lunch there and get away with coffee that you yourself have manufactured. Nice way to get in too -in 2 jeeps, a la Narcos.

1 Like

You can download a target curve for Dirac from the NAD website here: https://nadelectronics.com/dirac-live/

2 Likes

Danish Audio Excellence

Gato Audio DIA-400S NPM*
DALI EPICON 2**
Roon Nucleus Rev B upgraded (located inside the cabinet)
Tellurium Q Silver II Speaker Cables

Additional room calibrations or treatments aside, this exceptionally designed, minimalist collection of audio equipment provides an emotionally captivating sense of clarity, detail, realism, and transparent immersion at the bleeding edge of diminishing returns.

*This integrated amp offers serious, high-end audio. It easily holds its own against anything in its price range and feature set, if not higher. Don’t let the amplification class mislead you, this amp is on another level, entirely …far beyond its gorgeous aesthetics. As a bonus, the people at Gato Audio are legends to deal with.

**The right channel is plugged with a port bung. This adjustment provided a significant improvement to the overall room balance. These EPICONS are exquisite. There’s nothing else to say, really. As all the reviews say, exceptional sound that defies their physical dimensions.

28 Likes