Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2021 .. 2022]

Apparently the WM-102 came a pair of ear buds.
s-l5001

Well, let’s have a look in the ears, they’re certainly still hanging in there. With the HiFi equipment, you can easily get over it. :rofl:

Mac M1 mini as Roon Core
Meitner MA3 as Roon Endpoint/DAC/Preamp
Nagra PSA
Egglestonworks Isabel Signature
REL Carbon Special

The room isn’t dedicated, and the white wall is made for video projections.

MA3 just arrived a week ago, still in burn in period, but I love what I hear!

16 Likes

And the mirror is for the first order reflections. :slight_smile: Sorry, I couldn’t resist.

11 Likes

The mirror’s wall belongs to my wife :wink:

I’m joking, I know it’s not perfect. During covid I’ve changed my habits regarding music, I do prefer having a comfortable room for being with my family rather than having a sweet spot only for my music.

10 Likes

Plus one on the Maine Coon. Great companion. Mine doesn’t really care about the speakers for some reason. Thankfully.

3 Likes

My Setup

Loudspeakers

• SMSL m500 USB DAC
  • NAD c298 amplifier
  • Focal Electra 1038 speakers
  • KEF KUBE 12b subwoofer
  • miniDSP UMIK-1 sound pressure level sensor
  • Room EQ Wizard (REW)

Headphones

• Desktop DAC: Topping D10s, Schiit Modius
  • Portable DAC + AMP: Topping NX4, Ultrasone Panther
  • Desktop Amp: Topping A90, SMSL SP200, SMSL m500, LittleDot MKIII + Voskhod Rocket 6J1P
  • Cans: Focal Stellia, Sennheiser HD800s, Sennheiser HD660s, Dan Clark AEON RT
  • EQ settings from oratory1990

Audio source

• Qobuz
  • FLAC

Roon server

• Roon Server 1.8 on Ubuntu Server 20.04
  • Logic Supply ML600G-51 fanless industrial PC
  • FTDI USB IR Blaster for IR remote control

Streaming devices

• Raspberry Pi 4 model B 4GB
  • RoPieee + Roon Bridge
  • Topping D10s USB DAC

Instructions and resources for my setup: https://community.roonlabs.com/t/diy-streamer-web-control-of-ir-remotes-fanless-pc-linux-docker-roon-server-usb-ir-remote/176871

Roon rocks.

Please don’t touch my stereo.

21 Likes

Hi big speaker you use; they do have already big subwoofer drivers. Do they need the extra KEF subwoofer?

-Pablo

How are you feeling about the D&Ds? I’ve had my eye on a pair but not had a chance to audition.

My Roon headphone rig. Roon > Qobuz > RME ADI-2 DAC FS > SPL Phonitor SE> Audeze LCD -X (2021)

21 Likes

Excellent headphone set up! Please make sure to post this in Headphones thread

New House - New AV Setup - TV now installed - Pics!
As promised, here are a couple of images with the TV installed. If you scroll up a bit you’ll see my original post with more details about the room. Cheers.

18 Likes

He showed not only the headphones, but his full equipment in the listening room. The other components were mentioned textually.

Looks FAB😁

Beautiful system there. I like the two sentry droids you’ve got guarding it!

2 Likes

“I don’t hate you…”

EDIT: for those who don’t know the ref… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYdKK9KQQe0

6 Likes

I admit I had to Google it, but got there eventually…

1 Like

Slightly rough and ready set-up as this is somewhat temporary, but I’ve been refreshing my system. The music side will be moving to another room soon, but as of today:

• New - arrived today: rosewood Harbeth P3ESR XD (on Aracama stands)
  • Bryston BDP-1USB
  • Marantz NA-11S1 as DAC (although I also have AirPlay set up as a Roon and point with volume levelling permanently activated for shuffle play)
  • Marantz UD7007 SACD/Blu-ray player ( I had one of these and stupidly sold it, so I have bought another which I am never letting go of)
  • Technics SL-1210 with Timestep PSU, SME 309GD and Goldring Ethos MC
  • PS Audio NuWave Phono Converter
  • Meridian 502 preamplifier
  • Ayre V5-xe power amplifier (recent used purchase)

Also in shot, from the AV system:

• Sony OLED TV
  • Cambridge Audio CXUHD universal 4K blu-ray player
  • Toshiba Zone A Bly-Ray player

I must say the P3s are like a breath of fresh air. Absolutely lovely.

13 Likes

My little Roon headphone setup is still extremely simple but it suits me as I am fortunate enough to work as a musician as a day (and night) job!

Innuos Zen Mini Mk 3 (+LPSU) > Roon > Qobuz > Schiit Asgard 3 > Hifiman Sundaras

I must say that this thread has been absolutely fascinating to follow and it’s been great to see setups that are way above what my bank account could possibly fathom! That being said, some of the smaller setups have given me so many ideas - I have a seperate little Schiit stack in my office powering some AKG Q701s thanks to Roon and hopefully future upgrades will be possible once the post-COVID bank account starts to grow again!

13 Likes

I’d strongly recommend the live London Symphony Orchestra recording with Noseda on those Harbeths!

3 Likes