Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2021 .. 2022]

The replacement is a Custom Design Milan Reference 10 in light oak…decided to go for low level to create “more space”…but I’ll also be adding six mains outlets before the reinstall…

7 Likes

It runs them perfectly well, I have no issue driving them to an adequate volume. Although I have considered how they’d sound if I got the power amp as well. Might be worth a try?!

I trialled the M22 as my local dealer had a run out price a few months back and bi wired it running the LF and it was impressive but I ultimately thought I should wait to get the replacement that used the same Eigentakt(?) amplification instead of the previous nCore.

The dealer I trialled it from said I made the right choice and he’s now sold on the Class D - although he would say that…

The FX rate is pretty brutal in NZ ATM so I may need to wait for it to come back a bit…

Really love that look… looking forward to the new setup!

No problems for the Purifies with the 1 Ohm Scinnies?

Well @RodS - I don’t have a PC nearby and that’s the only way to make it play (only “USB DAC” entrance). There is but one set of XLR contacts, for all. Bernd (T+A) explained that the stress on supply chain will also slow down the PSD3100HV, but that it should be able to handle DSD256 over LAN. Looking forward to that - better start saving :slight_smile:

I have 4 Shunyata Research cables: 2x C19 20 amp to the PS 3000 HV and one to the PA 3100 HV (and then a connection between those two). The MP uses 2 x C15 connectors. Still enough cables.

Hopefully everything should be in place by Sunday evening so more pics then….

2 Likes

:rofl:
It’ll only take me ten minutes to reorganise my rack - it’s only a few cables…

Three hours later…

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

5 Likes

It took me 3 hours to take lot apart :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Time for an update.

A lot has happened since I started with Roon about 2 months ago.

I now have a lifetime license, a new semi-dedicated server and new speakers. That was a lot of money but so worth it.

How it started a couple of months ago:

The setup as of this week:

This is the Intel NUC11TNHi3 running headless Ubuntu server.

The OS, applications and all my CD rips are stored on a Kingston NV2 PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB SSD with 1x Kingston ValueRAM 8GB at 3200MHz.

Furthermore I have 2 Sonos One SL in a stereo configuration and 1 separate One SL in the kitchen. They are grouped in Roon.

Great upgrade!

13 Likes

Eric congratulations on making the ascension to Lifetime :grimacing:

Good to see you have finished phase one of the future upgrades (said from experience). At least now you can enjoy the music while plotting out your future upgrades :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Hahaha, yes. Thank you!

Just listening to music in stereo is such an upgrade already. Unbelievable. Since I live very small, these Sonos speakers really sound decent and are a great start.

3 Likes

I have a couple of Sonos Stereo pairs and they are really enjoyable and the separation of Stereo with them makes such a difference over a single Sonos speaker (it seems especially with the Play Ones or One)

Enjoy your new setup

2 Likes

Eric congratulations.
Jealous on your Sonos :slight_smile:

Enjoy and Happy Holidays!

3 Likes

Thanks! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I added a second Sonos device to the network today. We already had an Ikea Symfonisk in the children’s room, and as of today there is a Sonos One SL in the study. Now the previously used Bluetooth speaker can be used exclusively where it was bought for: on holiday.
Both Sonos devices are connected via network cable, has worked smoothly so far, and they can also be used as a Roon group zone. :slight_smile: Not that my daughter would listen to my music…

EDIT: there is an issue now after all, the new Sonos One SL sometimes stops playing even though there are still songs in the queue. Strange.

1 Like

Well I guess she can listen to music that isn’t your music. Slowly they come around to older music. My son certainly did and now has a wide taste in music and that is good for them (and us)

1 Like

She is 9 1/2 years old. She has her own Roon profile and is able to control all the zones…

And yes, some music I like she as well enjoys. Tocotronic, Future Islands and sometimes even some louder Indie stuff.

Nice over time their tastes widen and it becomes more fun when they come in and ask what’s playing and then you hear it upstairs later :trophy:

5 Likes

Beautiful… happy girl and happy dad

I did not do yet roon profiles for my girls, but I have to update from roon to tidal and from tidal to Spotify so they can browse my playlist… sometimes I check out their shared playlist and comment on their findings. One of them goes for Archive and Philip Glass, the other Tracy Chapman and Scarlatti.

10 years old (twins)

3 Likes