Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2021 .. 2022]

new streamer Wattson digital :grinning: :grinning:

21 Likes

Endgame headphones, headphone cable and DAC. One day I’ll get a Holo May endgame headphone amplifier. NUC next to go. Any ideas about which way to go? SGC sonicTransporter i9, Nucleus +, a high power Audiostore server or something more exotic? Music my only vice :joy:

What’s wrong with your NUC?

Very good question! Can’t us HQ Player for upsampling and it’s a bit noisy, but I’ve recently bought an Akasa to sort the noice out. Holo May upsampling not it’s strong point so I’d like to try another way to upsample. When I use Roon upsampling for CD quality to 176.4k it doesn’t sound like a step forward. Maybe I’m using the wrong filter? Any advice out there?

Your comment has got me thinking though.

2 Likes

You should probably post this in another location.

1 Like

My gosh i miss VU meters!! Possible Roon update: include a visual representation of VU meters as an option for onscreen displays! Yes Jim i know this request is on the wrong forum…

4 Likes

Good advice, I’m new to this.

1 Like

The Wattson Audio Emerson Digital ist a great streaming bridge. Congratulations

2 Likes

Thanx. Wish you the best for 2023​:+1::saxophone::guitar:

That is until the Mark II versions come out :rofl: :headphones:

1 Like

Yes, do a feature request… for vu meters… I’ll vote

1 Like

Thanks for the link to Arctic Cables - I have clients that will be interested.

Votes can be added to this existing topic …

2 Likes

voted, thanks

It’s day 2 with it for me. I’ve never used HQ Player…so I’m unable to answer.

Lost the VU meters when I sold my MC352. I relied on them to judge loudness. Now I use a stand alone loudness meter and have surprised myself by not listening loud enough and missing some of the enjoyment from time to time. Now I have it sitting next to my iPad while listening to Roon. FYI 75 to approximately 80 or so db in my room.

Same here. :slight_smile:

Is it any wonder that many manufacturers avoid VU meters at all costs since the track record for audio equipment featuring VU meters is not so great.
Logitech Squeezeboxen - alas no more
The wonderful Oppo HA-1 headphone amplifier - no longer made

8 Likes

Nice gear…no speakers? What’s the headphone amp? I do like changing cables…big believer here from speakers to headphones. For endgame NUC replacement, may I suggest Antipodes’ K50 (Server-Player-Reclocker) Roon server included of course…as well as HQ Player…K Series - Antipodes. Since your Holo doesn’t upsample very well…and I have never found HQ Player to be friendly enough for my engineering trained brain…I would consider GRIMM MU1. I sold the Antipodes when I decided to reduce my boxes and went back to NUC and a Lumin X1. Now I’m considering the DD 8c to reduce boxes even more.

Found a P50 on eBay and now it’s an all Topping place on the shelf behind my sofa (E/L/P 50s). The P also powers the RoPieee so it helps to reduce cables and wall warts. Can’t say I really hear a difference but it’s one nice looking PS. It’s definitely more the looks. :see_no_evil:

1 Like