Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2021 .. 2022]

I bought my wife a bag of cable ties for Xmas and survived :joy:

3 Likes

Well the odds clearly were you wouldn’t :grimacing:

Absolutely not! Nonetheless since this is quite the international community I find it interesting to compare the different aesthetics and various approaches taken with respect to what equipment is being used and how the listening space is utilized.

And of course the heavy use of English as the primary language on this community means that we don’t see enough posts from many of the non-English speaking Roon users. I would be interested in seeing more systems from Asian audiophiles.

7 Likes

That is a lovely room…

1 Like

Looks great - by no means a “poor man’s setup”! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I estimate (give or take) the average range of prices for equipment shown on previous pictures.

I am pretty sure about the low budget related to my entire equipment

Sounds great and I enjoy it every day, also sure about that

2 Likes

You enjoy it every day - for me that is the most important thing.

3 Likes

Sharper Image has two must-have components. I am certain there is a long waiting list. One is a device that converts vinyl into MP3 and the other converts cassettes into MP3. This may start a revolution in high end audiophilia.

Cheap as chips! :wink: Winter boots for my 2007 Honda CRV run at about £900 a set. Summer tyres are a slightly more palatable £600 a set.

Have you seen this device? I don’t think it’s in production any longer but I see them pop up used every now and then:

But act soon. This offer won’t last forever. If you order in the next hour, we’ll….

Always love looking at all those great setups!
Some updates over here, which I’d like to share with you:

Zone 1: Living Room

Innuos Zen Mk.II in Experimental Mode
RME ADI-2 DAC FS
Hegel H300
Nakamichi 680ZX & High-Com II
Rega P7
Lehmann Black Cube (SE upgrade)
Stax SR-X Mk.III
Q Acoustics Concept 500
Two double-membrane bass traps by Perfect Acoustic plus Roon DSP

Zone 2: Home Office Workspace

KEF LSX
Kanto Speaker Stands

Zone 3: Headphone Listening

RPi4 with DietPi connected to Topping D90MQA
Cayin iHA-6
Meze Empyrean
DSP settings by oratory1990

33 Likes

Some nice setups there, @AceRimmer will be frothing at the mouth when he sees another cassette deck :wink:

4 Likes

Check out Sony NW-WM1ZM2 Signature Series Walkman

1 Like

The Sony NW-WM1ZM2 has built in WiFi so why doesn’t it support actual music streaming via a music streaming service or, dare I say it, Roon?

Oooh, gold-plated AND oxygen-free. Bet that improves the SQ immeasurably. The aluminum version is less flashy, but cheaper.

Every time I read SQ I think means “Squeezebox” as I am both very fan of Squeezebox Duet and Touch player and Logitech, in general

But I guess I am wrong. What means “SQ” in your messages?

1 Like

with a gold-plated Oxygen-Free Copper (OFC) chassis for a stronger digital ground

Gravity has had me waist deep in the analogue ground for a while, I’m sold…

SQ in this case I believe means Sound Quality.

2 Likes

Or, in a forum so focused on digital artifacts, it could mean Signal Quality.

2 Likes