Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2023]

Just remember if you go ATC actives, if you decide to change later, you will need new amp and speakers. I would advise a demonstration :blush:

My latest Roon setup - A Fiio M11 Plus, Roon Ready Android based digital audio player, shown with the Sennheiser HD800s, which are connected to the M11 Plus with a 4.4mm balanced cable (from Fog city Audio).

The sound is just suberb and the M11 Plus easily drives the HD800s to very loud listening levels. Since the M11 Plus acts as a Roon Ready endpoint (yes it runs RAAT) and runs the Android version of Roon Remote I even have the convolution filters for the Sennheiser HD800 loaded as well.

An absolutely fantastic little device. More information can be had from this thread: Fiio M11Plus ESS and M11S with Roon Ready is great!

20 Likes

I had a pair of your HD800’s… great sound but I just couldn’t deal with them physically.

Went back to and wouldn’t let go of my trusty HD600’s!

FiiO is fairly solid - convolution filters are a must 99.9% of the time. Enjoy!

4 Likes

Great userNaim :grinning:

+1 for the Fiio M11 Plus. Dived in as soon as it was Roon Ready and don’t regret it. It’s replaced all my headphone setups and used more than my speaker setup now. Yes to me it’s that good. :heart::heart::heart::heart:. Super smooth Roon Ready experience that moves with you.

5 Likes

Are you able to run ARC on it?

Yes and any android music app, Apple Music works very well and bitperfect, but ARC currently isn’t bitperfect out of it yet as ARC doesn’t support the inbuilt dacs on Android devices yet. They are working on it. I just use it round the house and it’s replaced the need for several zones now. Being fully Roon Ready just makes it far more appealing than using ARC as you don’t get all the limitations that brings to the Roon UI. It’s well built responsive device and sounds fantastic and capable of driving most cans.

2 Likes

I found that when listening at loud volumes I could feel the bass through my feet so the whole suspended wooden floor must have been “live”. Bought a set of Gaias and fitted them to my Sonus Faber Olympica 2s and what a difference! No more floor vibrations and the bass sounded much tighter.
Hope you have some good results. Let us know how you get on. :+1:t2:

1 Like

I can run ARC on the M11 plus ess with no problems

1 Like

Small update to my reference system. Added a touch of room treatment. GIK Q7D Diffusers and Rives Audio PARC. The PARC is currently in bypass mode until I find some time for measurements. The Q7D panel were simple to attach to my drywall and provide a noticeable upgrade to the aural illusion.

13 Likes

My speakers were pretty well isolated anyway with granite plinths, but the final result on to wood flooring is excellent.

Wow I remember IL2 when it came out 20+ years ago.

My main stack evolved a bit :joy:

NUC10
NAS (backup)
Puritan PSM156
Nuprime lps
Sbooster lps
Cables (futurech, puritan)
English electric (switch)
Chord qutest (dac)
Melco (Roon endpoint and data storage)
Phonitor x (amp)
Feliks envy performance (amp)

… still toooooo much cans.

24 Likes

So you can dance the can-can? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Yep this is the next generation of it… (third gen really) I love it and have been flying it for more than 20 years!
IL2 1946 > IL2 Cliffs of Dover > IL2 Great Battles

Kind of… you made my day, spit my coffee all over :joy:

2 Likes

Audiolab 6000A, Denon DP-400, Dali Oberon 5, HifiBerry Digi+Pro (not shown)

21 Likes

great choice of speaker.

3 Likes

As another owner of these Dali Oberon 5’s I am always amazed how good they are for the money, and with pretty much no toe in required, they sound great anywhere in the room

6 Likes

Beautiful. Clean.

1 Like