Shuffle and Focus in 1.8 - please tell me I'm missing something

Often when I use Roon, I hit Shuffle on my whole library, or I focus on a few genres and shuffle that. Both of these primary activities seem completely broken in 1.8.

When I shuffle I now only hear tracks from bands that start with A and B. Every other artist is excluded because for some reason it only shuffles the first 5000 tracks? I can’t help but be a bit shocked at this backward step.

And then there’s the inability to focus on more than one genre at time. So it’s Rock or Jazz…never both! I’m having trouble wrapping my head around how my primary uses for Roon were, for some inexplicable reason, completely wiped out with this point release.

I really hope I’ve just missed some setting somewhere…

1 Like
3 Likes

Thank you. I’m glad to hear this. Any general idea of ETA on this? It might sound crazy but this is an extremely important feature to me.

Also, I would very much like the ability to again be able to focus on more than one genre at a time.

If I could get those important functions working again, then I would consider 1.8 to be a step forward for sure as other areas have surely improved for me. Thanks again.

What you are missing here is the version 1.7 :slight_smile:

Joke aside looks like a bug, it will be fixed sooner or later.

1 Like
3 Likes

Fostering my internal optimism. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A hearty +1 from me for a quick fix. This is interfering with my most common use of Roon. In the meanwhile, looks like I will be listening only to a lot of artists whose names start with “A” and “B.” :frowning:

2 Likes

Yes, some great artists starting with A and B, but eventually it would be nice to move on… :-/

You can get some variety by switching between first name and last name sort order… :grinning:

2 Likes

I totally agree with Brandon. 1.8 seems to be such a retrograde step in terms of searchability. One of the things I loved the most about Roon was the “Focus in similar”, and this seems to be completely absent. It is a major loss of functionality. I hope Roon is listening and taking action. It is such a disappointment.

1 Like

+1 for multiple genre selection!

1 Like

+1 for restoring working shuffle (how do regressions like this pass qa?)…please hurry, it’s much too quiet around here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I love Roon and 1.8 is a great upgrade but this shuffle bug is getting boring… I am fed up of hearing the same songs… yes, I know there are workarounds.
I look forward to the fix

1 Like

I’m frankly a bit surprised there’s not a hotfix yet for such a glaring bug. I’m wondering, are we looking at days, weeks, months?

1 Like

So happy to see the shuffle bug fixed. Thanks Roon team for handling this with expediency and understanding. Really appreciate that. This was number one problem on my list.

Which I guess brings us to…
How’s progress on being able to focus on more than one genre at a time? Do the changes to tags help in any way?

Thanks again!

Is there any better way to work around the current inability to focus on just two or three genres - other than using this painful process of elimination?

Nice illustration, but do not panic. It looks like Roon will come up with choice of AND and OR next. If not, then I’m all yours to raise voice and call LOUDLY!

1 Like