Skipping Tracks Issues (Qobuz + Local)

I’ll weigh in this thread because my skipping issues are not only related to Qobuz content.

Roon Core is running on Ubuntu (16.x) on Intel NUC7i5 platform. Music is stored on a QNAP NAS. Network is all wired. I am using UniFi Switches.

For playback I am using a Roon client on Windows 10 with an USB soundcard (Traktor Z1 running with ASIO drivers). I have a DSP setting (speaker distance) activated.

I’ll deactivate DSP settings and let you know if things are changing…

Hi @papa.jay,

I have spit your post into it’s own thread since you mention that these issues are occurring not only on Qobuz content. While it’s originally formatted for streaming services, can you please take a look at the relevant questions here (Issues w Qobuz + TIDAL streaming in Roon 1.7) and let me know your feedback?

• What are the specs of your Core machine
  • What endpoints are affected? If you’re on Windows or Mac does this happen with the system output?
  • What is the topology of your network? How is your Core connected? How are your affected endpoints connected? Is everything WiFi or ethernet?
  • What is the speed of your internet connection?
  • Does this happen with all content, only high res, etc?
  • What exactly happens when playback fails? Does Roon fail to complete the song? Does the next song always work?
  • Does logging in and out of Qobuz/TIDAL have any effect?

Intel NUC7I5 (i5-7260U CPU @ 2.20GHz), 8GB RAM, 230G SSD M2
Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS

I’m experiencing this issue mainly on my Windows PC (Windows 10). System Output is not enable. I’m using this audio output:

grafik

The affected endpoint is connected via ethernet (same switch as roon core)

ADSL 80/20 (down/up)

All content

The last couple of weeks I am working through my library because I’m currently filling various playslists. That’s the reason why I’m experiencing the behaviour below quite often recently. I know it differs from normal listening behaviour but it happens so often that I thought it would be good to point it out.

I listen to an album. I am listening to the first few tracks and I’m intentionally skipping (with the “next” button) one or two tracks. Sometimes I am moving to two or three positions within the track using the waveform before pressing the “next” button).

Then it happens that the next song is starting but after a few seconds it stops suddenly (important: the song is not the last song of the album).

After that there is a random new song played. The new song is either from my local library or hosted by Qobuz. It looks like the Roon Radio routine starts at this point although neither the previous song nor the previous album has come to an end.

Didn’t try so far.

pj

Hi @papa.jay,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you here due to the holiday period. I appreciate all the information you have provided above, you mentioned that this only occurs on the Windows 10 PC with the Traktor Kontrol? Have you had a chance to test our “System Output”, does this behave in the same way as the Traktor zone?

Have you given this a try yet? Has this changed anything with regard to the Qobuz behavior?

Hi @noris,

I enabled the System Output today and will work with this output the next couple of days. Let’s see what happens…

No I didn’t try but I think 99% of the skipping issues are happening with local content. Anyway I will take this action into consideration when the skipping problem appears with a Qobuz album.

Thanks @papa.jay, do let me know how it goes.

Hi @noris,
the problem didn’t reappear so far. I am was running on System Output (without DSP effects) for some time and then switched back to the Traktor ASIO drivers (without DSP effects). The skipping issues didn’t come back… thanks for your help anyway.
pj

1 Like

Hi @papa.jay,

Glad to hear the skipping behavior has subsided. Do feel free to send me a message or open another thread and reference this one if it returns, will mark this thread as [solved] in the meantime. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.