Software spectrum analyzer for Roon

Guys, who knows, you can attach a software spectrum analyzer to Roon, like this:

@support

1 Like

This is the closest I could find. Roon & Sound Spectrum Whitecap Plugin

There’s at least one other feature request for this.

1 Like

Thanks! Good thing. But I wanted to see what frequencies are involved when playing a music track.

I setup a JRiver Zone then turn on JRivers DSP Analyser

1 Like

There’s another thread about it here from 4-5 years ago:

But when I watched this video on YouTube today, this is what I’d like, just digital (fungeneration RTA-31):

The downside of this one is that it’s in the signal path, so there’s going to be some doubling going on and there’s almost guaranteed to be some sound degradation.

It’d be best if just like how you can “cast” Roon’s now playing info to an attached TV, you could cast this equalizer to an attached display.

Hello All. I know this post is old but it is very relevant to me and I am also searching for a spectrum Analyzer in Roon. I had an idea which I woudl like to share and see if we can make it working.
I have set up a virtual cable (VB CABLE) as Zone and connected with Foobar. In this way I can use Foobar features including a spectrum analyzer.
In foobar I sart a “recording” utilizing the VB cable as input and I have set my external DAC as output ASIO.

You can not to set any output in Foobar and group the Vcable and your DAC zone (my Topping zone in this case) in Roon. It works fine and you have Zone control of your DAC via Roon.

EDIT: When using Foobar with no output options the spectrum is slow and delayed. If I stream audio through Foobar output to my DAC the spectrum is more syncronised.
Now a pic with more feautures from Foobar.

And here it is with the enhanced sprectrum analyzer which is much more similar to the initial request

1 Like

Similar process: I actually just configure the motherboard Realtek drivers as a zone grouped with my actual DAC and turn on “what u hear”

Try Minimeters. More and cooler analyzer options.

1 Like

Nice! Thanks a lot. Do you use Minimeters in foobar or as a stand alone Windows app analyzing the Realtek audio zone?

The latter.

1 Like

Maybe, the simplest way…

Topping D10 Balanced for vu-meters and spectrum analyser
Okto Dac for the sound…
both dac are zone grouped

2 Likes

Right. That’s the concept. Those are beauties!

How do you guys like using an RPi with official 7" touchscreen on standard RPi OS, with Roon Bridge install and dynamic range EBUmeter, JAPA spectrum analyzer, and Bob Katz’s JKmeter installed from the software repository.
Of course, the repository also offers VU-meters, but there’s no practical use to those …

1 Like

I got a cheap Amazon Fire Tablet with Android and installed a free Spectrum Analyzer app on it. It uses the tablet’s mic input. I haven’t looked into a solution yet where the sound output from Roon gets directly routed into the app, bypassing the mic.

Are you running some form of Linux with Roon Bridge and the additional software for the spectrum analyzer, etc.? Clearly this won’t work with Ropieee, DietPi, etc.

Of course not Ropieee, its OS is purpose built and tailored to be an appliance.
Understandably, Harry doesn‘t invite tinkering and the ensuing help requests.

Not sure what point you‘re trying to make?
I‘m just presenting another method of representing your stream via spectrum analyzer (and more) on a low budget with free software and no influence on the sound.
Thought that‘s what the thread is about, although mine and several other suggestions involve more than just software.

As I wrote, it‘s the standard RaspberryPi-OS (in its 32bit version), using Roon’s bridge software, the built-in software repository and some scripting to make it happen.

No point. I was just asking, probably in a roundabout way, what OS you were using to provide the displays. Asked and answered. Thanks.

1 Like