Sometimes albums are not added to my library when I click the "+"

I use a MacBook Pro to control my ROCK running on Roon 1.8 build 931.
If I hear a good album from Qobuz and I decide to add it to my library, sometimes (so not always) clicking the “+” it seems added (I have a confirmation message) but the “+”, which becomes a “spinning wheel” keeps spinning indefinitely and the album is not added .
This is happening since a very long time and is not specific to the 931 release.
Do you have a solution?
Thank you!!
I taken a video for this.

1 Like

I regularly see this behavior on a Windows 11 remote so its not specific to IOS. I have to exit and restart roon server before I am able to add albums again. Sometimes roon will go “unresponsive”.

Hi @Pino_Mattiazzo,

Thank you for reaching out, and I’m sorry to hear that albums aren’t being added to your library. I appreciate you taking the time to share a video. Please upload it at this link and the team will have a look.

What you’re experiencing is typically caused by delays between your Core and our servers, either as a result of a local network problem or DNS hiccups when attempting to reach our service.

You can usually resolve the issue by first 1) rebooting your Core and then 2) rebooting your Remote. Often, just rebooting the Core will suffice. If the issue persists after rebooting, please let me know.

Hi Connor.
If I reboot the remote on my Mac the problem disappears , as DNS I’ve set 208.67.222.222 208.67.220.220, should I use something different?
Its not easy to take a video, anyway I will try next time it happens.
Thanks!

1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8
Cloudflare and google.

1 Like

Hi @Pino_Mattiazzo,

Like @ged_hickman1 said, many of our users experience good performance with Google DNS (8.8.8.8) and Cloudflare DNS (1.1.1.1), so we tend to recommend those. That said, there are many DNS options available and many work well.

You can learn more in this Help Center article. We’d be happy to answer any questions you might have.

1 Like

Thanks Connor for your help.

I’ve set these DNS servers, I will let you know if this resolves the problem.

I also have the problem that I can not add albums to the library (at least it does not work reliably). After I click on the + button, the spinning icon appears, but nothing else happens.

This problem has been going on for a very long time. All possible fixes (e.g. switching DNS servers) do NOT help.

Really annoying.

1 Like

Start your own support thread and add in all the required information, just saying me too isn’t very helpful to get it sorted.