Songs cutting off in middle

A very annoying problem has begun since installing Roon 1.7, although I don’t know if that is a factor.

Playing through Qobuz, sometimes a song is cut off in mid-play with no warning or apparent reason, and the next song is immediately accessed and played. It happened at least four times last night (Nov. 24), around 9-10 pm EST. If I cause to return to the cut off song using the back up arrow, sometimes the cut off happens again, sometimes not. If I use “Play from here” to go back to the cut off song, that works more often to resume full play of the song. I don’t know if the problem is Qobuz or Roon. I can’t say for sure if it happens on Tidal–an obvious piece of information that I need to pay attention to and collect.

Pls let me know if this gives enough information to enable a response.

By the way, to Roon Support, my compliments and thanks for the very nice enhancements of 1.7.
Jim Heckman

My setup is Comcast modem (25 mbs) via CAT 7 wire to Antipodes DX Gen 3 as Core, from there via Ethernet wire to dCS Rossini DAC, which at present I have powering the speakers directly.

Slim fishgutz has pointed out that this topic already has many posts. I did try to check for prior posts before creating this one, but apparently didn’t try enough. Therefore, not wanting to add a topic unnecessarily, I will attempt to delete this one.
Jim Heckman

Hey @James_Heckman – don’t worry about the duplication.

The #support category is for reporting and resolving issues, not for discussion, so your post is absolutely fine.

@support may want to collect some more information from you, as we’re actively investigating this issue. They’ll be in touch soon.

Thanks!

Hey @James_Heckman – just following up here.

We just released Build 505 with some changes that we think will help here. Can you give it a shot and let us know how things are going?

Thanks!

More details are here:

Mike, I haven’t listened a lot, but probably enough for the problem to recur if it was going to, which it hasn’t So maybe, problem solved. If any recurrence as time goes on, I’ll let you know. Thanks for your responsiveness.
Jim Heckman

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.