Sonos Play 1 Discovery Issues

I recently connected 2 Sonos play1s wirelessly in stereo configuration to my Roon Rock server. Everything worked fine until I decided to separate the 2 units and move each to a different location. Roon sees one of them but does not see the other unit. Roon Ver. 1.5. Please help.

Hello @David_Parker,

Thanks for contacting support, can you please let me know how your Sonos devices are connected to the network here? Are you connecting them via Ethernet or WiFi? Have you made sure that your Sonos devices are on the same networking segment? As in if you are making use of multiple VLANs, I would make sure that everything is on the same VLAN and IP Address Subnet range.

Please also provide some more information regarding your setup using this link as a guide:

Thanks,
Noris

The 2 sonus play 1s are both connected wirelessly to the same network and on the same subnet and were both connected to roon in stereo mode; one for left channel and the other for right channel and they functioned properly with roon. When I reconfigured them as individual units to be used in different rooms Roon only recognizes one of the units.

By the way, both sonus play 1s are recognized by the sonus android app and play correctly using the app.

Problem solved. Stupid me. Roon disabled one of the play 1s and all I needed to do was enable the other one. Now everything works. Sorry to have notified you for my problem.

Hello @David_Parker,

Glad to hear that enabling that 2nd Sonos in Roon settings resolved the issue! Thanks for contacting support and wish you a pleasant listening experience!

Thanks,
Noris

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.