SOTM 200 ultra not detected by roon any more

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 pro, Roon 1.6 build 416

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

technicolor CGM4140COM modem/router.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

SOTM 200 ultra with sps 500. Sotm Dx usb

Description Of Issue

Have been using my sotm 200 ultra without issue for about 1 year. But suddenly it is not longer detected by roon or my router. I tried restarting it and restarting my SPS 500 ultra, also ethernet cables but nothing is working. Any idea whats going on?

Have you logged in to the SOTM to see what its status is? Have you had a Windows update that may have altered your security settings?

Or an SOTM update needed/pending/happened

I’ve had the same problem the last couple of days. Daft question, but will the SoTM work if I am running Roon server rather than Roon core?

It will work exactly the same. But having the same issue does suggest some update has had an impact.

There is a thread about this see link at bottom. Is Eunhasu working as it should.

A re-burn of the SD card will fix it if the SD card is healthy…this has happened to me a couple of times more often after firmware 4.22 last time I bought a new SD card.

SOtM also suggest that the 100/1000BASE-T and “auto negotiation” (settings in 4.6 firmware) can cause the sMS to go bananas.

Hi @Wanderer46,

Can you please try using a different Ethernet router for the SoTM connection and a different Ethernet port on the Router? Has anything changed around the time it is not being detected such as a Windows Update?

Just to clarify, it doesn’t show up in the router’s IP list at all?

This can happen without anything being changed in the network or anything with the sMS-200. Often it is still visable in the router but you cant access it from the web GUI and Roon dont see it as a endpoint.
I have re-burnt my SD card many times and changed it twice and talked to SOtM and they have looked at my log files without finding anything wrong.

All firmwares after 4.22 have been doing this but latest 4.6 more often.

Hey guys so I tried to burn a couple microsds with imageusb and 4.6 firmware. Then inserted into SOTM 200 ultra, fired up SPS 500, they are connected with the dc cable and now the 200 ultra light won’t turn on at all. I tried this with 2 different micro SD cards with the 4.6 firmware.

When you did the image was the burn and check process ok in imageUSB?

What web browser did you use to download the image? Chrome is recommend, Firefox can be a bit messy and the image fails.

When you unzip the file how big is it? Should be around 7.7Gb I think.

When you have the image correct on the SD card the sMS-200 will turn on automatic when you turn on the power no need to push the button on the front ( mine does this when I have burnt a new SD card).

I used chrome, I can try firefox.

Check process ok on imageUSB.

File was 7.76 GB.

Im going to try the 4.22 firmware.

It seems to be ok. With Firefox the file was smaller than it should be and SOtM recommends Chrome.

I have re-burnt and changed SD card many times but it has always started.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.