Tag sorting and Tags and/or function

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I did make a few Tags to sort some of my records. So far selecting those I added under a certain Tag do show.

2 questions:
How does Roon sort the discs shown under any Tag? It’s certainly not ba Alphabet, it is most probably also not by date added (which would be useless) But I cannot find any logic. And definitely I would like to set the sorting. (by title, by recording date, by artist,…

And also if I am not mistaken the use of a second Tag is always «additive». f.ex. «Tag 1» and «Tag 2» will show content of these 2 Tags as a total. Ideally I would like to have a the possibility to chose showing 1 and 2 or chose to see only those that have both tags.

Any ideas? Or anything foreseen to be made in the future?

By Album Artist.

As far I can tell in my library:

1. tagged Albums by artist name
    and if tags have mixed content, the albums are followed by:
  2. tagged artists by artist name
  3. other tags

Yes, it is alway additive. There are open feature suggestions for this. Specifically tags:

And more generally:

1 Like

Fabulous clarification. I obviously don’t use Tags in as many dimensions as others. Thank you.

1 Like

I also had to check it out :slight_smile:

but what else after the album artist? In my case f.ex. I made a Tag for a label that has just Prince so my Tag shows only Prince of that Label. But the discs look like random. Any idea?

yes, yes, yes… whenever they want to add this!
I am all for it!

1 Like

All sorting capabilities for Albums remain availble after applying a Tag.

E;g. I have a tag ‘Belgisch’ for belgian artists:
(My standard Album Sorting order is by Date Added)

Now I want them sorted by Release Date

Now I want them to sorted by Artist

Now I want them sorted by Most Played

Apparently, I do not understand your question correctly

Dirk

My interpretation was the sort order within a tag in the sidebar > Tags. There is no sort option there.

But of course you are right that sort options exist after applying a tag in other views - good point.

I was simply under Tag. And there you cannot sort at all.

Thanks for your view, I at least can now sort by name up or down… that’s what I wanted. Besides to have multiple tags and do a boolean search. But our help showed me that depends on were one come from. Guess the idea is to use focus all the time first.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.