Text not displaying after update

same problem here
the text not displaying after latest update
is there a way to rollback to previous version

Hi @Diwakar_Narumanchi,

Unfortunately, downgrading is not supported due to incompatibility issues. The team is hard at work on this, though, and we will be sure to update you as soon as we have more information. So we can have some additional data, can you confirm what GPUI your device uses?

Thanks!

Hi my GPUI and Device information . I hope this is the information you wanted
The Roon Core
OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Display ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics
Adapter Description ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics
Driver Version|8.970.100.9001
end points Katana Dac and Boss Dac
Regards
Diwakar

Thanks for the details, @Diwakar_Narumanchi!

Our team is working on this as noted below and we’ll be sure to update you as soon as we have more information!

Is there any progress regarding text display on radeon gpu. its becoming a big problem for not able to get display on the core
Regards

Hi @Diwakar_Narumanchi,

Our latest update can be found here:

We hope to have a solution available soon!

Hello,

We’ve released a new update, Roon 1.7 Build 528, which contains improvements that we believe will help with the issues you are experiencing here. Please see our release notes below:

Thanks,
The Team At Roon Labs

No Improvement or Change after Roon 1.7 (Build 528)
Display Adapter Ati Radeon 3000 graphics

Regards and Disappointing

Thanks for the follow up, @Diwakar_Narumanchi. Would you kindly use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link? Thanks!

Thanks for the Response as insisted I made roon and Raat zip logs . Since I dont have dropbox . i uploaded to my google drive . the following is the link . If i have to send it to someone else please let me know
Regards

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1xb5ydyKhipBz80NVBYd07K22Q0EuT_V5?usp=sharing

Thanks, @Diwakar_Narumanchi! I’ve passed this along to the team and will follow up once I have their feedback.

Its been long since there’s any progress for the non display of text . its becoming a problem maintaining the albums etc. if the update cant be expected . please give a alternative approach.

Hi @Diwakar_Narumanchi,

For most devices that were impacted by the issue it looks like things are working properly after our recent update, but there are still some specific devices that appear to be having issues.

To elaborate a bit on the issue, it appears that there are devices that are running on older GPUs that have drivers that have bugs in their Open GL implementation. Roon uses Open GL for it’s UI and, while we’ve confirmed that our implementations are correct for devices that properly support Open GL, some GPU models are not supporting this properly and it’s resulting in issues. Our latest update contained a number of changes that worked around these driver bugs and, for a majority of the devices affected, this seems to be working. Unfortunately, in this case, the GPU on your device (and a very small number of other devices) are still behaving incorrectly. Ultimately it appears that more changes will need to be made to address the Open GL support limitations on this device and it’s something we are actively looking into doing.

For the moment I can’t make any guarantees about timelines for further changes here — This will take some further investigation, workarounds, and testing from our development and QA teams in order to get this device up and running — What I can say, though, is that we are continuing to look into this and we’ll be sure to keep in touch when we have further changes in this area.

You have our apologies for the continued trouble here. If you have any questions please do feel free to reach out.

Me being a programmer myself am not able to understand why this (ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics Text Display ) problem arrived which did not exist in the older version . The Problem is I can’t change Perfectly working Hardware for the sake of a small bug in a Particular Software as you know. Expecting Speedy Correction of the Bug
Regards
Diwakar

Hi @Diwakar_Narumanchi,

To clarify, as we continue to make more updates to our UI we are using more Open GL features. As mentioned above, if the device’s drivers aren’t properly handling all of the Open GL features we are utilizing, issues like this might occur. I’ll be sure to keep you updated as more information becomes available.

Its been 2 weeks without roon core text display. please update or declare that its not possible
regards
Diwakar

Hi @Diwakar_Narumanchi,

The team is currently in the process of testing which can take some time. I can’t provide any specific timelines as testing is still ongoing but we hope to have something that will help improve this issue soon.

Hello @Diwakar_Narumanchi,

We’ve just released Roon Build 536 which includes changes that we believe will help improve things here. Please give Roon an update on all of your devices and let us know if you still have any trouble!

You can read the full release notes here:

Thanks,
The Team At Roon Labs

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.