There was an issue loading your database on Windows 10s

I’m having the same problem here. Here are the steps I took:

1. Restored from multiple different back ups. Same error.
  2. Deleted Database folder and reran Roon. Everything was ok (but of course I lost all my settings - so effectively started from scratch). Restarted Roon - same error
  3. Uninstalled Roon. Deleted Database folder. Installed Roon. Everything was ok (but of course I lost all my settings - so effectively started from scratch). Restarted Roon - same error

I used to really enjoy Roon, but it is effectively useless for me now. I don’t want to uninstall/reinstall/redo settings everytime I want to use this app.

Windows 10. Happy to share the logs.

@beka
I’m quite happy to work with Roon on this, and will provide prompt replies and updates.

I just uploaded the latest log file. There are a few warnings, errors and criticals:

12/20 17:45:29 Critical: Library.EndMutation: System.ArgumentException: Invalid Unicode code point found at index 278.
Parameter name: strInput
at System.Text.Normalization.Normalize(String strInput, NormalizationForm normForm)
at Sooloos.Broker.Music.LibraryTrack._Load(LibraryMutationEnv env, TrackLiteData track)
at Sooloos.Broker.Music.LibraryMutationEnv.Finish()
at Sooloos.Broker.Music.Library.EndMutation()

12/20 17:45:53 Warn: exception starting raatserver: System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. —> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
at System.IO.Stream.ReadByte()
at Sooloos.RAATServer.ConnectOrStartAndWaitForExit(String path, String args, Action`1 status, ChildProcess& p)

Hey @leftside,

Thanks so much for letting us know :pray:. We’re so sorry for the trouble.

If I understand correctly, Roon displays the same error (There was an issue loading your database) even if you don’t restore a backup? Or, do you get the error no matter what backup you restore?

Also, just to be sure of the diagnostic, would you please grab a set of logs, zip up the entire folder and upload it into our drive?

Hi Rob,

I am afraid, you have the same issue as many others. It is oprobably not a question of the Windows OS. Feel free to follow my discussion from end of the year, within the opening thread I stated the situation regarding the database issue of Build 880.

@freejazz My issue was fixed in the latest build. Looks like the Roon staff have been editing and moving my posts around, but basically I think they introduced a bug in their code when loading a database with unicode characters. When this occurred we received a general “database is corrupt” message when the database was never really corrupt at all.

1 Like

Sounds good. I hope this helped some guys mure.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.