I keep getting this same issue - normally on a Friday night when I have people over to listen to music and I can’t get it going. All other end points work fine, except the main one, the one I always use. One time it worked after rebooting my mRendu but tried that last time and it didn’t do anything. A core and end point reboot got it going though. Or I swap out the mRendu for my sonic orbiter.
Had the same issue a lot today.
I do not know if this will help anyone here but what I did to correct what I determined to be a network issue was change my Nic Card from DHCP to a Static and that fixed it for me.
@James_Heckman and @MIKE1 ----- Thank you for chiming in and sharing your feedback with me! As I have asked @CrystalGipsy, would yo kindly reproduce the issue and note the time of day when the problem is observed.
Once you have supplied the requested timestamp, I will go ahead and enable diagnostics on your account. This action will automatically generate/upload a diagnostics report to our servers containing an up to date set of your Roon logs which I would like to add to the ticket our tech team is currently using to investigate this issue.
@CrystalGipsy ---- Upon seeing your latest post(s) I have re-enabled diagnostics on your account as well so I can attach an updated diagnostics report to the mentioned ticket.
I last chimed in 16 days ago on this issue. I do have a separate ticket about my Roon database crashing and possibly having a bad hard drive in my Intel NUC running ROCK. As part of troubleshooting that issue, I restored my Roon database from a backup onto my old MacBook Pro as the Core. Anyways, just sayin’…I still got the error message “This track is not currently available”. Although, it seems to be happening less often now than it did while running ROCK on the NUC. Interesting.
Glad I came across this thread, as I’ve been experiencing the same issue – interestingly, also since around Thanksgiving. In case it helps, I wanted to point out a few times (ET) from over the long weekend when I got this error message:
Sunday, December 31 at 2:32 pm
Sunday, December 31 at 7:20 pm
Monday, January 1 at 1:16 am
Hope this helps.
Same here Wednesday 18:58 /19:13 / 19:22.
A common issue for me. Roon Server on Synology 916+, on SSD.
I had the same issue when using ROCK on a Lenovo W530, but has not had a problem since changing to a Mac Mini as Roon Server. Could it be a Linux ethernet issue that’s coursing the errors?
Moving forward, as I have done or others in this thread I am going to be enabling diagnostics on your accounts. What this action will do is the next time the application is active on your core machines a diagnostics report containing a set of your Roon logs will automatically be generated/uploaded to our servers. Once I have received the reports I will confirm that they’ve been downloaded and will be attaching them to my report which is with our tech team who has been handling this investigation.
Lastly, would you kindly please provide a brief description of your current setup so we have a better idea of the gear you’re working with. Highf, I saw that you have already provided us with some details, if you could expand on this information a bit further it would be very appreciated!
Again, many thanks!
My pleasure, happy to help. Running Roon on a Sonic Transporter i5, which is networked to a DirectStream Jr. via the Bridge II. (DSJ and BII both have the most up-to-date firmware.) For what it’s worth, middleman is a Cisco ToughSwitch.
Thanks very much for looking into it. Please do let me know if there’s any other info I can provide.
Any more news on this. I am still getting this issue at pretty much anytime in the day now.
Just did some searching on Tidal problems. Looks like its not necessarily just with Roon. Might be Tidal itself.
Wondering if introducing MQA has caused this, as it would require more server bandwidth their side to keep up.
I’ve had this recently too…trying to stream high bitrates to RPi via wifi…not the error I would expect but not so much a tidal issue as it is a bandwidth issue from roon to the endpoint.
The “Track not available” message occurred again January 8, at 7:59 pm to me here in Pennsylvania. It’s taken me so long to respond because the incidence of the problem has greatly reduced in recent weeks.
Thanks @James_Heckman! I have enabled diagnostics on your account so we can take a look at those time frames in the logs we receive attached to the report. Once the application is active on the device hosting your Roon core the report should be automatically uploaded to our servers. I will keep an eye out
Thanks, Eric. I’ve just turned on my iPad (Air 2) and activated Roon working in my Antipodes DX server, although it’s not actively playing music at the moment.
Hi @James_Heckman ---- Thank you for touching base with me, appreciated!
I just checked our servers and it looks like the report is only partially uploading. I am going to re-enable diagnostics and see if the report pulls successfully.
A second report here. The problem occurred again last night 1/12/18 at least three times, 651pm, 754pm, and 812pm. Again, I am in Pennsylvania. Thank you.
A third report here. The problem occurred again last night 1/13/18 at least three times: 708pm, 716pm, 717pm, in Pennsylvania. In addition, often when beginning play and the “track not currently available” problem did not appear, nonetheless in the initial few seconds of play there was a “hiccup”, meaning brief pauses or interruptions in play. This lasted only seconds and then normal play resumed.
I don’t know if a fourth report would be useful, but here it is: on 1/14/18 the problem occurred twice, at 238pm and 636pm in Pennsylvania.
I’ll withhold any further reports unless hearing otherwise from you. Thanks for your help with this.