"This track is not currently available" TIDAL error message

Same here, rebooting the router fixes it, not permanently but temporary. It looks like its a Roon problem.
Months ago, on Tidal trial I turned Tidal down, as longtime Qobuz subscriber I raised voice here that Roon should add Qobuz as streaming alternative, exactly because of this problem. But from the request threads and answers from Roon managers I saw it is not going to happen. So, again I started to re-subscribe Tidal despite I find to partially throw out my money of the window. And again I get this ‚error‘ message from time to time, but now go to my router and do a reboot.
Why still a Qobuz subscription? Many reasons: better service than Tidal, hires streaming of purchased albums, great prizes on hires with sublime subscription, great stability, great SQ, great and much better selection of new albums on highlight every Friday than the limited choice in Tidal (albums are available but not under ‚new releases‘, so you need other channels to see that comes out).
Why Tidal? Integration in Roon allows to use DSP and therefore room corrected listening of streamed music through HAF filters.
@brian : !!! Please Roon allow other streams to reach your endpoints and fix this Tidal annoyance !!!

I’ll add my voice to choir - I too have experienced this more frequently recently.
Coupled with random Tidal login failed warnings upon connecting to the core, that most of the time go away after doing Retry a number of times.
@support, I see plenty of name resolution failures in the logs. And I mean plenty. There’s 78 lines in my log search for “nameres” on the 7th of March.
Here’s what most of them look like:

> 03/07 19:53:26 Warn: [streamingmediafile] caching http://93.audio-pop.tidal.com/4885457/6a5a38ac5788df9d505107a1632e4d5c_26.flac failed: System.Net.WebException: Error: NameResolutionFailure
> 03/07 19:53:27 Trace: [streamingmediafile] retrying request due to Error: NameResolutionFailure
> 03/07 20:03:45 Trace: [streamingmediafile] retrying request due to Error: NameResolutionFailure
> 03/07 20:06:24 Warn: Error in web request https://api.tidalhifi.com/v1/users/27151733/favorites?countryCode=NL&sessionId=50b25f41-ffd9-4e0e-86ed-dce28d4fbfee&: NetworkError (System.Net.WebException: Error: NameResolutionFailure
> 03/07 20:06:24 Trace: [tidal/storage] sync completed unsuccessfully in 253ms: Result[Status=NetworkError, ErrorText=Error: NameResolutionFailure]
> 03/07 20:34:21 Trace: [streamingmediafile] retrying request due to Error: NameResolutionFailure

While this is going on, I am not having any other types of issues using the internet and the DNS on other devices. I’m pretty sure it’s not at fault here, but the network is XS4ALL into some FritzBox into a Google WiFi Mesh.

This issue seems to be dragging on, this thread been running for a long time now.
The reason I am trialing Roon is I was fed up with streaming issues using my current equipment . Makes me wonder if the issue is with Tidal and not Roon .
On my system with Roon it works with no issues , but to get Roon after the trial would mean a change of equipment for me. This thread definitely making me reconsider. I feel for you guys as there is nothing more frustrating

Tidal not work fine for a few days… this is the error with any tracks,album from Tidal: ‘Transport: a code requested for this track is not available’.
Nuc i3 —> Rock —> Sotm Sms-200
No problem with my internet connection (100mps).
Any idea?

Hey @Womaz – from time to time we come across issues that drag on longer than we’d like, and it almost always comes down to us not being able to reproduce the issue in-house on a consistent basis.

When we’re able to trigger an issue at will, our developers can almost always pin it down and roll out a fix. In this case, people on our team have seen this error once in a while, but the only way we’ve found to consistently trigger this error involves synthetically creating networking issues that are unlikely to occur in the real world, and for which this error is actually appropriate.

Anyway, I just want to reiterate that our team has spent a significant number of man hours of testing this issue and collecting information from the people in this thread, and we spent about 30 minutes on the phone discussing next steps today as well. This issue affects a small portion of our users who are using Roon and TIDAL, but I want to be clear that we’re working on it, and we’re confident we’ll be able to get this resolved.

We appreciate everyone’s patience. Thanks all!

2 Likes

I think so far this forum and the support does give me the confidence in Roon. Many members on here have gave me some great advice so far, and when you are a novice like me this is invaluable

For what it’s worth, started happening when playing a Tidal playlist recently, kept locking up and skipping, showing track not available message. Couldn’t get it to stop. Came out of the playlist and played a Tidal new release. Played fine. Went back to the playlist and it played fine. Seems to be getting caught in a loop occasionally.

Also, forgot to add that I love Roon for reinvigorating my love of music! Wallet and missus are not happy but I am! Thanks to all for bringing me back to the sonic enjoyment experienced in my youth. Much appreciated!

1 Like

Last night the problem was more pervasive than ever. I played a MQA track and all hell went loose. After that point, I couldn’t get Roon to play more than 10 seconds of any Tidal track, whether MQA or not. Had to quit my listening session.

Thanks for continued attention to this issue.

Reminds me of WestWorld. Maybe we should give this error the codename: Dorothy.

2 Likes

Hi,

Am I the only one suffering Tidal interruptions, i.e. is it our network/supplier or is it Tidal? Yesterday and today Tidal has been impossible to listen to since the music is interrupted again and again and is subsequently skipped. I do not have the same problem playing my own music, so I am assuming the problem loes elsewhere.

PS. I am in Europe (Germany)

your not alone, its seems to get worse with every up date. they need to fix this soon. its been going on far to long.

Updates of Roon or Tidal?

both, it started last year, it would do it for a short period then would be fine for weeks, then another update from both, starred happing more frequently . i tried it about an hour ago after tidal update and the 306 update from roon, couldn’t play anything from tidal thru roon with out constantly interrupting the album. i cut off tidal, music plays fine in roon, play tidal without roon music plays fine, use both together plays for a while then stated stuttering and quits.

I can report that is issue variates day by day. Yesterday I got just one error, using my system for hours. Today got more than 10 errors within first 15 minutes.
I would point to provider or tidal for the error. But I hope the Crew from roon will work this out for us.

I think Tidal’s provider is Akamai. When I have Tidal issues, one of the first things I do is take a peak here:

1 Like

I have to add my name to the list of those suffering from this issue. I have not started to look into it in any detail. For example I haven’t had to time yet to see if the same issue happens through the Tidal app at the same time.

My initial impression is this happens to me every Friday and Saturday evening. It could be that my kids are eating all the bandwidth into the house (they have video game privileges then), or it could be that there is a bottleneck somewhere between Tidal’s servers and our house on weekend evenings.

It’s pretty annoying though, and validates my thought that streaming is nice but it’s not entirely ready for prime time (literally). At least not full bandwidth.

Tried rebooting everything tonight including router, Mac mini et al. Success, I thought. Unfortunately success only lasted 30 mins and I was back to stuttering and skipping of tracks until it was completely unplayable. Tried playing Tidal through my Musiccast system, not ideal, but it works faultlessly. I suggest it is some as yet undiscovered sensitivity in Roon that is causing this. All other methods of streaming Tidal including UPnP work without a hitch. This needs sorting pronto, my subscription is up in June, if things are no better I don’t think I’ll be renewing.

**** Spoiler - conspiracy theory ****

I am seriously starting to believe that this very issue is a plot by both Tidal and Roon to force us to listen to full albums from start to finish, and not mess with jumping around from one artist to another and one track to another …

I don’t know if it is a plot, but I do refrain from pausing Tidal tracks because that is when the problem occurs (sometimes) in my experience.