Running latest version of Roon on Nucleus, which uses a fixed network address and my network gateway address for DNS server.
Using a Win 10 laptop wirelessly as a remote.
At the end of each step listed below I tried to access my Tidal library and when it failed I would exit then re-start the Roon remote program on the laptop:
I made sure that I could log onto Tidal using its stand alone app - success (no network connection issues).
Tried re-booting (and power off) all Roon related devices - no success.
In Roon stopped/logged out, disabled. Re-enabled/logged in to Tidal - no success.
Deleted the data base on the nucleus and re-booted the Nucleus - no success.
Uninstalled/re-installed Roon on the PC - success. (doesn’t make sense, but it worked).
The above worked yesterday. When I started Roon today Roon once again failed to find Tidal. So I repeated each of the above steps again one at a time - success at step #5. I understand that Roon remote is the GUI front end for the Nucleus/tidal experience. One or two updates ago the very same problem occurred. I think I was able to get things to work by restoring a backup (doesn’t make sense to me, but it worked).
I did not restore the database. I started from scratch by re-entering all new settings and having Roon re-scan my music files.
I have been able to use Roon on my pc for 2 days now without problems.
On an older iPad Air running iOS 12.5.4 Roon crashes frequently. On a slightly newer iPhone it appears to be stable on iOS 14.8.