TIDAL playback and missing zones

basically the same issue here, started last weekend

FWIW, the core pc no longer shows up in the output zones

did all the troubleshooting steps from the other tickets, ie restart core, disable enable tidal, login out of tidal tidal app plays fine, local content plays fine live radio plays fine as well

Hi @charles_flowers,

Welcome to the forum. So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Can you also please share a screenshot of your Roon Settings -> Audio tab?

Thanks for looking into this for me. I have been using the setup for several years, without any issues that were not self resolving. However, this one is persistent. It started a couple of weekends ago. Tidal app works fine, both on PC and mobile on this network.

Roon core running on Windows 10 pc, 64 bit.
PC hardwired to ethernet switch >switch hard wired to router

Audio Devices
‘Nad node 2 hardwired to another ethernet switch in my listening room, that switch is hardwired to router
Google cast devices, wireless to wifi on router

Hope that is sufficient info. If not, let me know what else you need

Screenshots of audio setup, http://prntscr.com/rr2ted http://prntscr.com/rr2u5o

Hi @charles_flowers,

Thanks for the screenshot. I am seeing an “Upstairs Studio” device which contains the device artwork for a Node 2. It seem that the devices are actually appearing in the screenshot you posted, is the issue that you are just not able to play TIDAL content to these zones?

If you try outputting to your PC’s System Output zone, does that work as expected or are you having issues there as well? If you try the TIDAL Web Player (listen.tidal.com) with the same account you are logged into Roon with (Roon Settings -> Services), are you able to properly start playback there?

Can’t play Tidal to any zones. Including pc system zone (“desktop system”), see screenshot below.

Tidal works fine through the webplayer app on my the pc that roon core is running on, as well as works fine on mobile devices on the network.

I can use the node 2 native playback app, but it too will not play tidal (which maybe means it is a tidal not a roon issue?) amazon music will play fine with blueos/node 2 playback app

Hi @charles_flowers,

If you are seeing similar behavior on the BluOS app, it would suggest a TIDAL account issue. I would reach out to TIDAL support and ask them to verify the status of your account and mention that you’re seeing the same behavior both in Roon and the BluOS app.

Ok, i will do that and see what they say.

1 Like

Norris

Tidal did not respond.

Can you tell me how to restart the Roon server? I want to try that and also clear the roon cache as that seemed to work for some who had similar problem.

Hi @charles_flowers,

Since you have the Roon app on Windows, simply closing the app and opening it again should restart Roon.

You can clear the cache with these instructions:

• Exit out of Roon
  • Find and open your Roon database
  • Navigate to Roon/Cache
  • Move the contents of the /Cache folder elsewhere, like your desktop
  • Try restarting Roon and verify if the issue still occurs

So much for that plan, didn’t work.

I will keep trying with Tidal, i feel like that is where the issue is.

I will keep you posted and thanks for the quick response.

Friday night is coming and I got nothing to do other than listen to some tunes, be nice to have Tidal working. However, there is always vinyl…

I reset the password on tidal and am reconnected tidal to roon.

After a couple of minutes and few sputters, I am back in business!

Still gonna spin a little vinyl tonight anyway though…

You can close this ticket out.

Thanks and stay safe.

1 Like

That’s great news @charles_flowers! If the behavior returns do let us know and we can take another look, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.