TIDAL Playback Fails - "Transport: Too many failures. Stopping Playback."

Just looking for help. I have the same problem here

Doesn’t matter what I try to play

Hello @Kim_Jensen,

I have separated your post because the previous thread was dealing with country specific TIDAL limitations where you seem to be experiencing issues playing any kind of TIDAL content.

Can you please provide a brief description of your setup using this link as a guide?

Have you tried rebooting your PC and any networking gear? Can you please try to temporarily disable and re-enable your TIDAL account in Roon Settings? You can find this option under Settings -> Services -> Edit Button next to TIDAL and should look like this:

Please let me know your findings after doing so.

Thanks,
Noris

1 Like

Hi Noris,
Thanks, it helped to disable and reenable Tidal like you specified. I had the problem since yesterday, from my PC as well as from a Sonos speaker.
Regards
Kim

Hello @Kim_Jensen,

Glad to hear that disabling and re-enabling TIDAL has solved the issue! Just wanted to confirm, everything seems to be working as expected in Roon now including the Sonos speaker?

Thanks,
Noris

Hi Noris,
Yes everything is fine now. Actually I tried to play in the Tidal app also yesterday, and it said that I was already playing somewhere else. Tidal must have been hanging in the Roon software.
I will try this first if I get the same issue again.

Hello @Kim_Jensen,

Thank you for the follow up. The hanging may have been due to something environmental like you suggested and disabling re-enabling TIDAL seems to have taken Roon out of that state and resolved the issue.

I will be leaving this thread open just in case the issue occurs again and if it does don’t hesitate to reach out and let us know!

Thanks,
Noris