Tidal: track not available, too many failures

I have this problem:

I’ve followed all of the instructions re DNS

Here’s the thing:

  1. it worked fine three days ago and I haven’t changed anything

  2. when I launch the Tidal app on my Mac, it can find the song that Roon won’t play. (Roon won’t play any Tidal tracks)

but by confirming #2, I think we’ve eliminated anything having to do with the network, since the network is having no trouble playing Tidal.

I’m running a Nucleus, Macbook Pro, Roon 1.5 (354) under Mac 10.11.6


Hi @seth_Godin1 — Thank you for reaching out!

So we can better assist you, please describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

So we can confirm this further, I’d like to propose a test. If you temporarily use your MacBook Pro as your Core machine and try to play TIDAL content do you experience the same behavior?


Hi @dylan

This is super frustrating.

It’s frustrating because instead of having a diagnostic tool built in, Roon support asks its users to become network topology engineers. We’re not in beta anymore. I’m pretty good at computers, but this shouldn’t be my job.

It’s frustrating because, as I posted, other people have exactly the same problem. Therefore, we shouldn’t have to start from scratch.

And it’s mostly frustrating because when I went to follow your instructions, my Mac told me that I don’t have enough authorizations to do this and I’ll have to de-authorize my Nucleus. What happens then? How much of a mess is that going to create?

My topology, for the record is:
Mac and Nucleus and PSAudio Dac via ethernet to dumb switch, also connected to a Netgear repeater which goes to my Fios router via wifi.

The fact that I haven’t touched any of these things and then it breaks with this non-original warning makes it pretty clear to me that this isn’t as stable as it ought to be.

Looking forward to your thoughts about authorization.

My sincere apologies for the frustrations here, @seth_Godin1. While others have posted similar behaviors in the past, TIDAL difficulties can stem from a variety of places (most of the time on the networking side), and so understanding how the network is communicating and narrowing down where the behavior is stemming from (trying another device on the same network) is a great help for finding and resolving the issue.

Devices are able to be authorized and de-authorized at will. You can de-authorize the Nucleus to perform this test and then immediately go right back to the Nucleus and authorize it.

I think the next step here is to enable some diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here.

However, before I enable this feature, I’d like to ask for your help ensuring we gather the right information.

First, can you please reproduce the issue once more and note the time at which the error occurs. Then respond here with that time, and I’ll make sure we review the diagnostics related to that timestamp.


got it

the de-authorization went fine

was able to authorize my Mac as the server

was able to play the Tidal tracks with no problem on the Mac as server (1:08 pm NY time)

switched back to the Nucleus

same error.

here’s how I fixed it:

I unplugged the Nucleus

Swung a chicken three times of my head

Sacrificed a small tofu.

Plugged it back in.

And it worked.

I hope this is helpful.

1 Like

Hey @seth_Godin1,

I’m glad to hear that things are now working for you on your Nucleus. If you see this behavior return please let me know so we can take a closer look.

Kind regards,

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.