Tidal Track Slow Loading

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

TEXT GOES HERE

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

Since update tidal tracks take forever to load.Watch blue bar at bottom of screen go back and forth.Having drop outs,

Hi @Outlaw,

Is this happening for local content as well or is this behavior just impacting TIDAL content?
Does this occur on multiple endpoints including on “System Output”?
What OS are you running?

Just using tidal.No local content.Roon rock on nuc.HQPlayer windows 10.Tried out put to laptop same behaviour.

And music is stopping.And sometimes takes up to 10 seconds to start next song.Totally unusable,Frustrated

Rebooted nuc with Rock.Now its not discoverable by remotes

Hi @Outlaw,

Is the ROCK Web UI still accessible?

Just to confirm, when you tried this test, you were using the laptop’s “System Output” and not through HQPlayer?

Yes to both.Can now connect to remote,but music stops after one or two songs

@Outlaw - Glad to hear the ROCK is back online. I would like to take a look at diagnostics from your Core, can I please ask that you try playback to your laptop’s “System Output” zone and let me know the exact local time of the failure?

Just tried roon server on hqplayer pc same issue.Wont even play a full song

Any chance you could connect DAC / Headphones directly to ROCK and play to that zone ? I want to exclude some factors here…

Okay just switched back to the nuc with Rock.At this point made it through 3 songs.Will keep you posted.I powered everything down and restarted.Fingers crossed

1 Like

Spoke to soon having dropouts.I’m going to call it a night.When having drop outs i stop song start another plays fine.Never had these issues before update.

Hi @Outlaw,

When you get a chance tomorrow, can you please run the test that Vova mentioned and let us know the exact local time you run this?

Thanks!

Played good for a hour.Back to slow load times through tidal blue bar going back and forth sometimes 10 secs or more to start track ?

@Outlaw - Can you please run this test?

We want to eliminate some variables here and it will help.

okay i will connect rock nuc direct to dac bypassing hqplayer

A post was split to a new topic: Searching is slow for TIDAL content

No same issue when Rock connected directly to dac.Only started after update

Also getting track unavailable to many failures ? Then music just stops

Also Tidal works perfect on i-pad,laptop,and other PC.Only having issues with Roon