Track remain in playlists - although track deleted or hide

When I set Track hide or delete Track, then I must delete manually this Track in all Playlists… This is very annoying.

Hello @ascot,

Thanks for contacting support, I’d be happy to take a look over this issue with you. Can you please let me know how you are hiding or deleting the Track? Is the Track part of your local media (saved to a hard disk/USB drive) or are these TIDAL tracks?

Furthermore, can you please provide more information regarding your Roon setup using this link as a guide:

Thanks,
Noris

ROCK, OS Version 1.0 (build 158), Server Version 1.5 (build 334) and tracks on local media (SSD).
Deleting and hiding the Track normal with “Hide Track” and “Delete Track”.

after hiding Track: the track is still in the playlist and playable from there
after deleting Track: the track is still in the playlist and not playable from there (because deleted)

Hello @ascot,

Thanks for elaborating on what the issue is here. I have gone ahead and attempted to reproduce what you are seeing and I have the following results to share for you:

• Hiding the track still leaves it inside the playlist and this is expected behavior, when you are hiding a track from the library this does not impact the Roon Database and the track is still visible in the playlist, it is only hidden from your library view

• Deleting a track from the library does indeed leave it in the Playlist and it is marked as “unavailable” because you deleted it. To correct this issue of it showing up as unavailable, simply restart your Roon application and the deleted track will be removed from your playlists.
    Note: If you decide to add the track back to your watched folders, they should appear again in the playlists.

To summarize, if you wish to delete the track(s) please close Roon and open it again after doing so and they will be hidden in the playlists. Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Noris

Hi Noris,
so I expect something different.
If I make a track invisible because I do not like it anymore, I do not want to have that track in any playlist anymore.

br
Ascot

Hello @ascot,

Thanks for the feedback here. Since this appears to currently be “working as designed” I would recommend also posting your suggestion in the"'feature request" section of the site.

Our product team and developers keep a close eye on that category, so that’s definitely the best place to propose a change like this and get feedback from the Community. Hope this helps but do let me know if there’s anything else.

Thanks,
Noris