Networking Gear & Setup Details

Synology RS2600
NO VPN

Connected Audio Devices

Trinnov Altitude 32 w/local connection

Number of Tracks in Library

10,000+ Tracks

Description of Issue

I was running Roon on SYNOLOGY via Docker. I deleted this and installed your new SYNOLOGY Core for DSM7 (64). Roon found the Core with the appropriate IP address, however it shows the music folder as empty. Although it shows the proper IP address, it shows the wrong name of the Core which is on a different SYNOLOGY NAS (DS1813+). This machine is not even running. It is turned off. When I try and add a new network share, I cannot seem to connect. I’ve tried every single combination in the examples but nothing.

Additionally, I have recommended AND setup Roon on several of my friend’s Synology NAS. Respectfully I believe that not having PHONE support is really really poor! I would be willing to pay for support. You should also have your own software for SYNOLOGY and not depend on a community member to do this for you. I pay you for your service, you should provide it. I’ve been using it for several years and prior to DSM 7 it worked flawlessly. I’ve had nothing but trouble connecting even with using the Docker method.

Trying this is foobar and documented in:

Adding network shares is not possible for apps with DSM 7 and beyond. If you need too, mount the network shares through File Station.

And more detailed information in this thread:

Please click on the blue thread title to go there and read also the posts following the one I linked.

Possibly because you loaded a backup from your old Core. Feel free to change the Core name in Roon|Settings|General.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.