Trouble with Roon

Boy, is Build 806 bad!

I can’t play albums all the way through without long pauses. If I go back to the library to pick another album, I find (wait for it) that my albums have disappeared (showing 0 of 2225) When the albums reappear, it takes a couple of tries to actually make one play… Sometimes maybe only fifty or so album covers appear.

It doesn’t bother me that much Daily Mixes don’t work – although the choices seem interesting, I have to play them one or two at a time, and then click back and forth to make the next one play, and if I want to give up on that and go back to my album selection, they’re ALL GONE. again. or the app crashes.

But when the basic functions no longer function… then I have to work from Qobuz and Tidal directly.

How can this happen to a company like ROON? And how can I scale back to a service that I can use?

Just to give another viewpoint, I don’t have any of these issues that you describe. But, I just went out of trial today so I haven’t been using Roon for very long. It’s my first day of paid service.

2 Likes

I’ve been on Roon since the start and have no playback issues either. If you have a problem, reach out to support supplying the information asked for and the team will look into it.

1 Like

You need a new thread in support so this thread doesn’t go off topic, but your issues are most certainly local network related, and not to do with build 806 specifically.

I hope so.

Discussion moved to its own Support Thread.

1 Like

Hi,

Your topic has been moved to the support section of the forum.

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

1 Like

I’m going with your insight — in which case I apologize for all my bad thoughts about Roon for the last couple of days — about internal connection problems. I was sent a new router from my internet provider — Spectrum — in preparation for a change in their network, and it has resulted in a drop in throughput to my Roon Core computer (MacBook mid-2014) from 200 mbps to about 30 mbps. I have moved my Roon Core next to the router/WiFi source and will let it play out today. If it’s a failure in my network or my Roon Core, I’ll get a nucleus and a new router or both. I NEED Roon to keep me sane while working from home.

Thanks to the intrepid community moderators for pulling me back from the brink.

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Roon has playback issues

Do you have the option of using a separate modem and separate router other than what the internet provider offers? You would most likely get better network performance over what they provide.

Hey @Dennis_Dort,

I wanted to follow up and see if you could share an update on this issue. If there’s any opportunity to help, we’d love to take it :nerd_face:

All is well, thank you. I use the Daily Mixes at least……daily.

1 Like