Trying to find an option to only find songs with all matching Tags

is it possible to only filter for songs which match all selected Tags?

1 Like

From the album page, click on the Tag icon and select all that you want from the list of tags.

Nope, that won’t work. It gives a list of all albums matching all the tags, not albums that have combined tags.

Dunno.

Go to My Library > Tracks, and on the left, next to Focus and :blue_heart:, select the tag icon.

Edit: not available on small screen devices.

Yeah, that’s what I thought also (from the album screen). That doesn’t do it.

If one selects multiple tags then a list is returned with all albums (tracks) that have any of the selected tags.

The OP wants a list of only those albums (tracks) that contain all the selected tags.

Are you referring to Roon Tags or FLAC Tags embedded in your files it’s not clear

They are very different and most replies here are assuming Roon Tags I think

Simply there is no searching facility if you are looking at FLAC/MP3 embedded tags

Wouldn’t the hole is Roon’s Boolean logic still be the same?

Feature suggestion:

2 Likes

Yes but that search doesn’t really exist , does it ?

Yes that is exactly what I meant. Unfortunately there seems to be no solution to this problem other then the developers implementing this simple feature.

#feedback:feature-suggestions with only three votes are not going to get much attention from Roon. :frowning:

Unfortunately. Full Boolean logic for Focus and tags would make it so much better

Yes, this is a better feature suggestion to vote for.

One could go wild with the feature asks for this.

How about all albums that are jazz and saxophone but not those by Kenny G.?

(jazz AND saxophone) XOR Kenny G.

1 Like

But wait, I have more.

How about all albums that are jazz and saxophone but not those by Kenny G. or anything by Nina Simone?

((jazz AND saxophone) XOR Kenny G) OR Nina Simone.

What I miss about coding.

:laughing:

I’ve wanted this feature for the last 2 years.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.