Unable to connect to ROCK on 1.7

Hi @Watchdog507,

If you want, you can manually send me logs by using these instructions. That way you don’t have to wait for feedback on my end and can grab a log set and power it down (if the heat is an issue).

@noris

Hello Noris, i can see the ROON nework folder but i can’t access it

it’s asking me for log in credentials and I’m not sure what they are.

The device is on if you wan to access it.

Please let me now once you’ve downloaded the log?

It’s getting very hot

@noris I’ve shut down my NAS since the problems reside with accessing my music files hopefully you will have a fix that you can implement shortly ROCK is fine without the files on the NAS 1.6 had no problem with files on NAS

Hi @Watchdog507,

I can confirm logs have been received, I’ll take a look at them in a bit.

I would try connecting as guest with both user and pass being “guest”.

This is a good test, would be good to know if the behavior still occurs with the NAS powered off. I suspect it’s the media files that are causing analysis to hang, but do let me know if you are able to consistently reconnect with the NAS turned off.

I shut down NAS and connection were back albeit slower I’ve rebooted NAS and it’s playing files. I just ripped an SACD ROON is having a issue with real time monitoring news files I can see the new rip on NAS but ROON isn’t seeing it

@Watchdog507 - Problematic media is:
/main music/Land of Talk/Some Are Lakes/10 Troubled.m4a

I would move the entire folder out just in case and request that one file from you. Thanks!

It’s uploaded as a compressed file:

Live It Out.7z

It appears that I sent the wrong folder. It’s now uploaded:

Live It Out.7z

The common theme is .M4A files

Hi @Watchdog507,

Thanks for sending that over, I have added that track as well to the QA report. Please let me know if there are any further issues, thanks!

I’ve removed the folders that contained the problematic files. I also scanned the music library and removed some orphan files that had no place being there. I’ve also rebooted my NAS twice as QNAP rolled out a major update recently. i also rescanned the music database 2 times. It’s been almost 8 hours of music so it’s working as it should.

1 Like

Hi @Watchdog507,

Glad to hear that the issues are now resolved! Apologies it took a bit of time to identify all the problematic files. If you have any further issues do feel free to reach out once more, thank you again for your assistance into debugging the issue!

@noris The problem is reoccurring. Unplugging the NAS preventS ROON from accessing whatever M4A file it has now moved on too. This isn’t a problem with the files there seems to be a bug causing this. Hopefully your wizards can remedy this soon is there a ticket addressing this problem?

I’ve started archiving M4A files on a non network drive this will be a long process

@noris I can connect immediately once my NAS has been disconnected. Roon is getting hung up on the M4A files. This is really a pain as all of my Ripped SACD’s are on the drive and that is primarily what I listen too.

Hi @Watchdog507,

If you want, you can try to separate the two folders and add just the SACDs to Roon for now and we can try to identify all the problematic M4A media files. Note: It is important that Roon does not see two copies of the same media files at the same time.

If you wish to separate the library in this way, I would advise going to Roon Settings -> Storage and then clicking the Edit button next to the current watch folder and specifying the SACD media location (as in don’t just add the SACD location while leaving the other watched folder active).

I am also on the lookout for any new diagnostics, but they appear not to have reached our server yet, I can possibly identify more problematic files once diagnostics reach us, thanks!

Hi Noris, Thanks for the response. What I did today was to disconnect the NAS and I ran ROON with access to Tidal and Qobuz. After maybe half an hour, I reconnected it and all was good. It’s been running all day and it’s fine as a work around. Eventually it goes back to the M4A issue. I just won’t leave it on over night. Please let me know if your team identifies a fix, thanks.

Hi @noris I’ve moved my M4A files back to my NAS. My work around is to boot ROCK with NAS disconnected and I start playing internet Music from Qobuz or Tidal. I then connect the NAS after a few minutes for local content. It works every
Time. I hope that support can resolve this?

1 Like

Hi @Watchdog507,

I just checked the status of the ticket I submitted and I see that there has been some dev work done on it. We are hopeful that our next Roon release will help with this behavior on your end, please be sure to keep a close eye on our Release Notes Section of this site for when it ships and we can circle back to see if it has helped in your case as well. Thanks!

Hi @Watchdog507,

We’ve recently released Roon 1.7 (Build 511) which includes changes that should improve this behavior. Please give it this a try and let us know how it goes!

You can read the full release notes here:

Thanks,
The Team at Roon Labs

1 Like