Unable to connect to ROCK on 1.7

I’ve started archiving M4A files on a non network drive this will be a long process

@noris I can connect immediately once my NAS has been disconnected. Roon is getting hung up on the M4A files. This is really a pain as all of my Ripped SACD’s are on the drive and that is primarily what I listen too.

Hi @Watchdog507,

If you want, you can try to separate the two folders and add just the SACDs to Roon for now and we can try to identify all the problematic M4A media files. Note: It is important that Roon does not see two copies of the same media files at the same time.

If you wish to separate the library in this way, I would advise going to Roon Settings -> Storage and then clicking the Edit button next to the current watch folder and specifying the SACD media location (as in don’t just add the SACD location while leaving the other watched folder active).

I am also on the lookout for any new diagnostics, but they appear not to have reached our server yet, I can possibly identify more problematic files once diagnostics reach us, thanks!

Hi Noris, Thanks for the response. What I did today was to disconnect the NAS and I ran ROON with access to Tidal and Qobuz. After maybe half an hour, I reconnected it and all was good. It’s been running all day and it’s fine as a work around. Eventually it goes back to the M4A issue. I just won’t leave it on over night. Please let me know if your team identifies a fix, thanks.

Hi @noris I’ve moved my M4A files back to my NAS. My work around is to boot ROCK with NAS disconnected and I start playing internet Music from Qobuz or Tidal. I then connect the NAS after a few minutes for local content. It works every
Time. I hope that support can resolve this?

1 Like

Hi @Watchdog507,

I just checked the status of the ticket I submitted and I see that there has been some dev work done on it. We are hopeful that our next Roon release will help with this behavior on your end, please be sure to keep a close eye on our Release Notes Section of this site for when it ships and we can circle back to see if it has helped in your case as well. Thanks!

Hi @Watchdog507,

We’ve recently released Roon 1.7 (Build 511) which includes changes that should improve this behavior. Please give it this a try and let us know how it goes!

You can read the full release notes here:

Thanks,
The Team at Roon Labs

1 Like