Updated to 884, after 1-2 hours of playing it stopped working

I updated to 884, after 1-2 hours of playing (target is Aries Mini), it stopped working.

Only a hard power cycle of the Aries solved the problem, before version 882 i had no problems.

just stopped again. every 1-2 h a hardreset.

You could try powering everything down i.e. router, core & endpoints then power then bring them back online again (starting at the router) & If that doesn’t work raise a support ticket.

how to open a support ticket? I have a lifetime lic. can not find a website/page/button here and in roon app to file a ticket.

I’ve totally reinstalled a dedicated debian (bullseye) vm on esxi. installed roon. restored my roon backup. it works now. I’m obseriving how long until i have to powercycle my aries mini.

My sonos roam does not work at all. I can see it in roon app, enable it. But can to stream to.

Hi,

Your topic was moved to the support section of the forum, let see if @support can help.

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Well you are in the support section now so if you can provide the further information requested that would be a great help.

Please bear in mind it is the holiday season though while awaiting a response from Roon support.

Hi @Stefan_Fischer

We’re sorry to hear that you’re having some problems with playback.

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Once we have these details we can jump in and take a closer look!

1 Like

That sounds similar to the “corrupted database” issue many of the users have had (or still have) after the last three update cycles.

Do you have a failure message of this kind?

Can you verify, if a simple restart of the roon server helps?

I have the following configuration:
VMWare esxi server runs the following relevant virtual machines (vm):
vm-nas: a ZFS based appliance (xigmanas) which exports a nfs share (music content).
vm-roon: 2processors, 8GB mainMem, 24GB disk for OS debian bullseye latest version
newly installed yesterday. roon-db import has worked sucessfully.
in /etc/fstab nfs mount of music share, which is exported by vm-nas:

<myIPaddr>:/mnt/tank03/Multimedia       /Multimedia     nfs  rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14,auto,soft,nofail,noatime,nolock,tcp,actimeo=1800 0 0

Targets:
(living room) Auralic Aries mini (ethernet cable wired (1GBit) to esxi vms: vm-nas, vm-roon)
(kitchen) 1x sonos roam, WLAN connected to esxi vms.

after the fully new installation, the aries had no drop out since a few hours.

The sonos roam is not working at all.
I can see it in the roon app and its activated, but I can not stream to it.

(Database) Problem solved, would I say. If you have been doing a new install with a new database you should not have the database issues starting with Build 880 … Unless you restore an old backup from an inconsistent database.

The other thing … There are a lot of things you might have to reconfigure after a fully new Installation - IP number, used ports etc. And you have to do the base configuration including setting up Roon output (Settings → Audio) again. But I think that you know that and the problem is some more complex.

Good luck with Roon for the next year! :champagne:

since 8 hours, no problem with my aries mini so far. seems that the db was corrupted by the 880->882 upgrade process. after setting up from scratch with 884 and restore the backup was the solution.
still my sonos roam is a problem.

happy new year to all roon users.

1 Like

after several hours of playing a simple radio stream (Bayern1), my aries mini has stopped working.
Is there a database problem involved?

Have you responded to the post from the support team from 4 days ago? I guess they are still waiting for information from you.

Hi Stefan, I do not think that there is a difference, whether you listen to saved music or not. Roon is working with the database kernel in any situation, e.g. for the history, settings, audio profiles etc.

how to pass the support some info? everything what I have is in this thread.
It’s a little bit strange to handle support issues, if there is no ticket/incident number.
Instead the support makes an own thread out of a regular discussion flow.
How do I know what the support employees want/need and what other forum users suggest?

Roon’s @support team monitor the #support section of the the forum, this is why your request was moved over to this section.

However, you are right in that it’s been awhile since @jamie contacted you … I can only assume they are working through the support backlog following the recent holiday period.

1 Like

Connect the USB DAC to the Roon Core computer USB port directly. See if you still experience this issue.

1 Like

Hi @Stefan_Fischer ,

Are you still having issues with your Auralic Aires or has there been a change in behavior? If you are using firmware 8.0 on it, please note that Auralic is currently working on a new firmware that addresses some issues with Roon:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.