Very dark display on my iMac since upgrade to V.1.7 (build 511)

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

iMac Mid 2010 OSX High Sierra 10.13.6 : Roon 1.7 (build 511)

Description Of Issue
Hi since yesterday, after upgrading to new version of Roon on my iMac I have an horrible very dark displaying of colours. I try to share two screenshots. The first from my iMac (dark colours) the second from my iPad (normal colours).
If someone might help me to understand the origin of this issue. I have already erased the Roon app and downloaded again from the site. Nothing has changed…

1 Like

Probably no hardware support for Open GL 3.0 in that old Mac hardware would be my guess. Time to get googling on your machines hardware capabilities.

I am not an expert but it seems that there is Open GL 3.3 on my iMac:

OK you could be ok then…maybe wait for @support to chime in here.

The issue is with High Sierra because I have a Mavericks OS on a SD Card on my iMac and with Mavericks everything is OK! So it is not a hardware problem with my iMac but an OS issue when I use Roon on High Sierra!

Hi @Roberto_Borgese,

Would you kindly use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link so the team can take a look?

Thanks!

Thanks, @Roberto_Borgese! I’ll get these over to the team for analysis. I’ll follow up once I have their feedback.

Hi, any news?

Hi @Roberto_Borgese,

I checked with the team on this. The team analyzed the data gathered and they’ve passed a ticket over to our development team for changes here. I can’t make any promises regarding timelines for when a change might become available, but we will be sure to keep you updated once we have more information.

Thanks!

OK! Great!
Thanks

Hi @Roberto_Borgese,

We’ve recently released Roon 1.7 (Build 521) which includes changes that should improve this behavior. Please give it this a try and let us know how it goes!

You can read the full release notes here:

Thanks,
The Team at Roon Labs

I see but now the display is too clear!!:rofl:

On my iPad the colours are right (as you can see in the screenshot in my first message) but on iMac on High Sierra 10.13.6 before they were too dark and now I have to put sunglasses!:joy:

Too dark (before)
https://www.casimages.com/i/191229032410111721.png.html
Right colours on iPad
https://www.casimages.com/i/191229032410557823.png.html
Too clear (now)
https://www.casimages.com/i/200220111123763891.png.html

Hi @Roberto_Borgese,

Thanks for the update. Would you kindly use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link? Thanks!

I hope it is what you need…

Please, can you tell me if the Logs I have shared are what you needed?

Roon on Mavericks same iMac, SD Card:

Roon on High Sierra:

Thanks, @Roberto_Borgese,

Our team is working on this and we’ll be sure to update you as soon as we have more information.

Hello,

We’ve released a new update, Roon 1.7 Build 528, which contains improvements that we believe will help with the issues you are experiencing here. Please see our release notes below:

Thanks,
The Team At Roon Labs