We should be allowed to participate in a beta program

:rofl: never thought about it like that

By the way, if you want a cheap Tidal HIFI subscription, you can go on eBay and spend $7 for a 6 month subscription and it works, thatā€™s what I do

I have 22,000 albums in Roon. Itā€™s so annoying to have 50+ Bowie albums, 120+ Miles Davis albums, 100+ Bob Dylan albumsā€¦ all artists used in these previews, and none of them have any more connections for me. None of that UI exists. So the only people who are ā€œlearningā€ more from their library paid for Tidal/Quboz? Itā€™s insulting youā€™d market that stuff without explaining thatā€™s for STREAMING USERS ONLY.

If you have access to Qobuz, you can register without subscribing a streaming plan.
Then you could/should have rhe same info as a streaming Qobuz customer.
Dirk

Youā€™ll soon come to learn that as a local library chap youā€™re dinosaur in Roonā€™s ecosystem. The excuse used is folk with local libraries generally donā€™t have sufficient content and depth in their collections to benefit from Valence. Personally I think itā€™s just that they couldnā€™t be bothered having to maintain code that caters for local library only in addition to that which caters for streaming consumption. For libraries the size of yours itā€™d be perfectly reasonable to have Roon generate and parse those lists against your local library content and show that which exists locally. Itā€™s a conscious choice to disregard this segment of users.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a ridiculous workaround for a feature that youā€™re saying CAN work the same without actually streaming anything. Again not explained anywhere and making zero sense as a user. Holy moly. Did I miss something where a MAJORITY of users have a streaming account connected? I bought Roon to avoid streaming and all of these changes marketed arenā€™t present in my library so Iā€™m left completely baffled by them aiming changes that a ton of users would never see or never know how to activate with a free Quboz account. This is insanely out of touch with users from a technical and marketing perspective.

I think youā€™ll find most Roon customers subscribe to a streaming service.

Thatā€™s utter BS. I have 216K tracks in my library as of today and thatā€™s with two of my live music libraries disabled (another 40K tracks). Marketing this release as bringing you more connections, more learning, more insights into your collection is a FLAT OUT LIE!

1 Like

@Matt_Simpson feeling your pain. I also run Roon with a local library only (about the same size in tracks). Local content is absolutely ignored and it is not properly communicated that it is!

1 Like

Aah young Paduan treble it and you will feel my pain :laughing:

Has Roon ever acknowledged that? Iā€™ve never see anything stating a majority of users have a streaming service connected. Kinda hard for me to believe when half the productā€™s life a sub-par Tidal was the only streaming option available.

Thanks for the flame, I just tried to help.
I will refrain a next time, ifyour name comes up.
All the best
Dirk

Itā€™s been posted here somewhere over the years.

No idea what youā€™re talking about. I didnā€™t flame you or even say anything about you hahahaha

I just replied with my shock that a workaround is getting an account for a service you donā€™t use or subscribe to in order to see data about your own music. Iā€™d think everyone could agree thatā€™s not explained or intuitive or making any sense. Had nothing to do with you. But feel free to refrain when my name comes up!

Go vote

Due to the problems with the 1.8 launch thereā€™s only one important feature request coming to my mind: a more representative betatest team. Iā€™ve done many ICT implementation projects and know that any launch of new software comes with issues, mostly minor and luckily seldom major issues. The international setting problem is in my opinion a major issue which could easily have been prevented with an international betatest team. Please find betatester with: international versions of operating systems, preferably with knowledge of softwaretesting. Check if your current betatester are really testing for the benefit of Roon and not just for having the newest version for themselves, just for fun!

4 Likes

I agree. So many bugs, so many downgraded features, not to even mention missed opportunities. Itā€™s hard to believe that they had proper testing. These are obvious things that came out in the first 10 minutes of usage, and they didnā€™t see them during months of development?!

• settings not working on some Windows machines (tabs not visible, display corruption)
  • track list corrupted display on some Windows machines
  • CD numbers in dropdown instead of tabs
  • album ratings not displayed in lists (omg this is so frustrating!)
  • broken display of some editing fields
  • partially missing covers for albums
  • more complicated tagging
  • in list of albums, when clicked on focus, everything is scrolled up to the top
  • on iPad in dark mode there is huge white flash when starting the app

These are things that are OBVIOUS for any even semi experienced user, in the first 10-15 minutes after update. Some are bugs, some are bad design choices, and Roon guys havenā€™t noticed any of those?!

Iā€™m so frustrated. Not so much with subscription i paid (because I can always leave) but because, for example, I invested 1.000 EUR into Matrix Audio Mini-I Pro 3, for which one of the biggest pros is Roon certification.

And because they have done so many really, REALLY HARD THINGS very well. And then they fail in most basic, obvious, daily usability things.

And what now? Hundreds and thousands of user anger posts and what will change?

5 Likes

Yep. their procedure bringing out new releases has been a mess and still is. Iā€™ve raised this with a member of their mgmt during the 1.7 mess. They dont listen.

their current group of beta testers must be deaf, blind and anything inbetween.

What did that Darko guy actually check when he got a prerelease ??? Put him in the group of visually impairedā€¦

4 Likes

I didnā€™t read all the post in this thread, but what many of you seem to be suggesting is that the Roon product should be some sort of collaborative effort where a bunch of people get together and design a product. In my opinion, thatā€™s not what Roon is or should be.

1 Like

I do not think it should be to that extent. I think we should have a ā€œminorā€ role in helping Roon decide what is best. Right now, we do not have much of any role in deciding whatā€™s next. Roon has already been built and it is designed, it is a finished product, but it would be nice to have minor input and know they are focused and care about subtle changes such as adding more music services.