What streamer do you use?

Thanks for the information on JCAT USB isolation filter. I now have one on order.

I have my own way, and build it myself :grin:

Based on a Pine64 with Debian, an the other is a combination of streamer with Amanero and Soekris Dac.!

It was earlier on this forum, and it works fenomenal, Roon had the idea that it was a Nagra. :rofl:

5 Likes

Roon ROCK on NUC 8i7 (music library on a Synology NAS via wired ethernet)
|
Wired Ethernet
|
Allo USBridge
|
USB
|
RME ADI-2 Pro FS R Black Edition
|
Analogue Chord Clearway cables
|
Pioneer SC-LX87
|
Analogue Chord Clearway cables
|
QUAD QMP Mono Blocks
|
Kimber Cable 8VS
|
JBL 250Ti Jubilee

And that chain provide me with the sound I really like.
I know I showed you my whole chain and that is because the streamer is only a part of the puzzle.
That being said, I recently made a blind A/B test with a friend between using the Allo USBridge and a RPi4 (in an Argon ONE case) running RoPieee - and we couldn’t hear the difference.
It might differ from different DACs but my friend have now purchased the RME DAC and an RPi4 Argon ONE w RoPieee.

The rest is nice, but this… …is extraordinary! :slight_smile:
I think pictures are necessary! :wink:
(A good friend have the same speakers)

OK:

5 Likes

Roon Core on dedicated Mac Mini 2014 feed by Synology NAS DS415+, Tidal with Bel Canto e.Stream (streamer with hardware MQA decoder, renderer and rock steady internal clock for jitter elimination) and Cary Audio CD-306 SACD Pro as Roon endpoints in bedroom and main hall respectively.

I’ve used the Nucleus in both guises, via Ethernet/network to ‘Roon Ready’ endpoints, and also via USB to a DAC.

I currently have my Nucleus on the network, feeding a Linn Klimax DS/3 via Ethernet.
I also have the Nucleus connected via USB to both a Chord Hugo MScaler/Hugo TT2 DAC, and also via USB to an Esoteric K-01X BH.

Both methods of connection sound equally great, even though Roon recommend Ethernet-connected ‘endpoints’ over a USB connection. So you can be confident in getting great sound from either a ‘streamer’, or via USB to a DAC.

Personally, I would recommend Lumin streamers/transports. They’re absolutely ‘bulletproof’ in running/using, and sound sublime. I have used both a D1 and an A1. Both were fantastic. Big ‘thumbs up’ for the Lumin streamer route, IMO :grinning:

4 Likes

I have Roon Core running on a Windows I7 laptop that runs nothing but Roon. All of my Roon streaming is done via WIFI.

My living room system is an Auralic Aries Mini with an sBooster power supply connected to the USB port in a Rotel RA 1750 Integrated Amp.

I use Roon to stream via Airplay to a Yamaha RX-A740 Surround Receiver in my Family/TV room.

My “Outdoor” system consists of an Audioquest Dragonfly Red connected to an iPad or iPhone using headphones or earbuds

Používam Qobuz. Zvuk je rovnako dobrý ako priamo z prehrávača Qobuz, ale Roon je lepší v ukladaní a hľadaní v knižnici.
Ďakujem - Ivan

I use Mytek Manhattan II with a network card and it is great. I use it in conjunction with a large workstation. The ethernet cable is plugged into Mytek. This means when I want to listen to YouTube I have to change the settings on the Mytek control panel from network to UBS in order to get Wi-Fi. The music quality with Roon and Mytek is truly outstanding. Stephen Leeb

The turntable?

The turntable is a Clearaudio Champion Level 2 with a Unify tonearm and BenzMicro Wood SL cart. TT is 18 years old (not the cart). Still happy with it.

Yamaha WXC50 via Topping D10 and Rpi 3
It’s a humble system but sounds great

2 Likes

Just putting my vote in for Bluesound Powernode 2i since you mentioned it as a contender. The purely digital amplified sound is not as good as my old analog amps but it’s better in every other way. The BluOS leaves a lot to be desired but Roon replaces it so maybe that’s irrelevant. If I had the budget I’d get the NAD M10

Great turntable choice. Like the Harley as well. Year?

Main system: ROCK to Mytek Brooklyn
Headphone: Matrix Audio element X (does everything, love it)

@7NoteScale, Thanks, it’s a 2004 Road King Custom FLHRS.

I have been pleased with the Auralic G2 streamer. I do not know if the G2.1 has any advantage other than isolation.

(My last (forever) Harley was a 1996 FatBoy which my wife and I heavily customized. I traded it toward a Viper. And I traded the Viper for… etc.)

1 Like

Using a Mac & DAC approach into a Matrix Audio Element-M via an X-SPDIF. I use an I2S connection although makes no difference to my ears - sounds pretty good. Loudspeakers are some ATC 20A actives.

2 Likes

I’m using a recently acquired Lumin D2 via a 2020 Mac mini running Roon core via Ethernet. I’ve spent about three weeks burning in the Lumin D2 and it’s sounding really sweet. Nice detailed soundstage and very easy to listen to. For me the whole Roon + Tidal + MQA has been a revelation. It’s reconnected me with an appreciation for fine music which had been absent from my life for too long.

6 Likes