When will KEF LS50 Wireless II be Roon Ready? [They are now!]

So enjoying Coltrane '58 in 24bit/192khz :smiley:
Happy Kingsday!!!

Why is the regular 16/44 FLAC file is up converted to 192khz? Sample rate conversion
 says I am using DSP. In fact, I have not used or turned on the DSP function on the Roon.

I am using the the ethernet cable connected to the main to slave speaker this means the max sample rate, playing thru both speakers, is @ 24/192 PCM, right? But why up convert the simple of 44Khz to 192khz? This move makes no sense at all!! Why can’t I keep it at 16/44 as “Lossless”? I don’t want it to be enhanced!!! Is it because I am using subwoofer eq which makes it enhanced? Or am I missing something else here? Thanks.

Thnx Ben for the clarification, as i see the conversion is after the RAAT and not before :+1:
Not native though but that’s fine.

And among us, only now i’m buying the KC62 in conjunction because i wanted Kef first to deliver, keep their promises before bying another of their products.

So service pays off afterall. Almost bought the REL T(5or7)/x.

Hi Ben, same story for PCM? (See yellow in the pictures below)
Best regards,
LĂ©on

And beneeth you would expect a conversion from 32-bit to 24-bit conform the specs on KEF’s website.

Everything is resampled based on the interspeaker connection.

I’d expect that as well. I’ll have a look tomorrow (it’s 11pm here in HK).

:joy:Thnx, “Ben Hagens” is more likely Dutch
so sleep well.

My Dad is Dutch, incidentally.

Looking forward to hearing how those who were using a RAAT capable front end via the KEF SPDIF input compare the sound to the now enabled built-in Roon.

Hi Ben
I didn’t have to reboot Roon, but then again I didn’t have it running on the iMac (although the Roon core on the Grimm MU1 has been running since 2pm)
As soon as I fired up Roon I could hear the increase in volume from running BBC Radio 3 via Kef app (and wireless) to when I switched to Radio 3 via Roon.
Bliss
At last!

It is now running correctly (forgot to switch output)!
Now all I need to do is to get the Kef KC62 sub to start working immediately regardless of the input volume and/or bass content of the music which until now has had to be either loud or heavy (or both) but yes, I know that’s another topic thread?

It works and is awesome. Kudos to the KEF team and @Ben_Hagens for keeping us updated.

13 posts were merged into an existing topic: Using KEF LS50 Wireless II with a Subwoofer

I have a question:

Is it possible to power on the LS50W II via Roon (not the IR remote or the switches on top of the speaker)?

Yes, the speakers automatically turn on after a few seconds when you use Roon.

Great, thanks!

has anyone tried this yet? (Now that it’s roon ready?)

Not through chromecast, but can Roon group multiple LS50WII’s together natively?

And, there is a power switch for the KEF’s in Roon
 Works great!

Thanks Ben (@Ben_Hagens), for keeping us optimistic. The KEF’s are great and now all is really perfect!

It should according the manual