Who has a turntable in their setup?

Where are you located?

1 Like

Ha! I wish I knew there was such a market. I’ve always been about listening and finding the right version of an LP. Not really kept track of the value…and apparently its gone up. That off the cuff remark led to a few conversations. And while the first couple in this thread did not end up in a transaction. I had a guy come take a look Saturday and back with the $$$ on Monday to pick them up. 20+ years of 180/200g goodness gone. The ones that really hurt were the Led Zeppelin Classic Record 200g and the Blue Note Music Matters Definitive 45RPM series, complete with matching serial numbers.

I did keep about 25-35 titles that I just could not let go. Still have the TT.

To answer original question East Coast right off I-95 between Baltimore and Philly. True to my word I helped him load it up. HEAVY!

1 Like

If thats your path, then :+1:… I still couldn’t bring myself to “hearting” your post though! :smiley:

2 Likes

I totally get that. About 80% of the previous collection would not have gotten played in the next 3-5 years. Just too darn busy. I kept the ones with sentimental value or that I truly could not replace. I’m good with it. Actually felt good to “purge”. Might try it with photography equipment, road/mountain bikes, beer brewing equipment, expresso machines and grinders…etc. I’m digging the start of my minimalist voyage.

3 Likes

Always a pleasure to use when there’s a little more time: my Pro-Ject 2Xperience Acryl with the fabulous Gold Note Boboli High Output MC cartridge. Unfortunately, Roon is very practical and often wins the “analogue vs. digital” race… :wink:

6 Likes

Great picture!

I’ve always been a sucker for colored wax. Here is one of mine from a while back. I found it interesting, the reflection of Prince’s eye on the LP.

Basis table, Zu modified Denon-103 LOMC, Lehmann Black Cube SE II somewhere in the mix

See if you can find the music related wine cork in there :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

Currently spinning a Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Evo (yellow cuz I’m smüv like that) with a Nagaoka MP-110 cartridge.

3 Likes

Made a couple of changes to the setup recently. MoFi Mastertracker cartridge gone and AVM P30 phonostage gone.

Hana ML cartridge.

Graham Slee Accession MC phonostage.

8 Likes

I treated my Rega RP6 to a new belt and a new speed controller that is very stable at 33 1/3. Sounding great!

1 Like

How many speakers?

I think a Hana will be my next cartridge. The Gold Note Boboli is discontinued…

I’m pretty happy with it so far. I’m at about 60 hours so it has settled down. Plenty of detail and good separation. It is pretty forgiving of records that are less than NM.

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback.
My Boboli will soon be 10 years old - it still sounds good and runs smoothly, but it will need to be updated at some point.

1 Like

I have a Hana SL and I’ve really enjoyed it. That said, I haven’t tried lots of cartridges on my Rega, so there are probably plenty of others that would make me happy.

1 Like

+1 here for the Hana MH/ML too! I have my MH on an original Roksan Xerxes TT, with new Origin Live Illustrious Mk4 arm, and Chord Huei phono stage. Loving the detail and beautifully balanced sound. I found this review helpful for anyone setting up an MH/ML. SoundStageAustralia.com - HANA ML and MH Moving Coil Cartridges

3 Likes

I got the newish audio technica as they do a mono in the same weight so no messing around when I change.

2 Likes

I recently bought a NOS Shibata stylus for an old AT10 cart and it compares very well with my $1000 carts, not bad for $150 for stylus and $20 for the old cart with broken stylus off ebay.

2 Likes

Is there a version of the Shibata that does over sample? :rofl:

1 Like

did you sell the table too?

DSD1024 with processing power to spare! :innocent:

3 Likes