Who has a turntable in their setup?

Here is my current set up.

10 Likes

Not that I am OCD but the imagination that I hear lint crackling on vinyl or scratches like centuries ago gives me goose bumps. I was happy when CDs came out and could never go back to tapes or vinyl.

2 Likes

New vinyl and used vinyl from the last few years that has been well cared for doesn’t have those problems.

I also swapped vinyl for CDs in 1979 (?) but I’ve returned to vinyl, lately.

1 Like

Newcomer has arrived!

Say hello to Gerrard the Garrard. His guts are serviced and upgraded. Gerrard is accompanied by a SME 312s and an AT ART9 cartridge. Sounds splendid.

14 Likes

I have his brother :sunglasses:

10 Likes

Literally picked up my new TT today. I sold my last one 15 years ago and regretfully sold nearly 1,000 LPs for $2 each at a garage sale. Yesterday as my TT was being set up I bought my first new vinyl in many years – talk about sticker shock!

Still it sounds amazing. Very happy to have it as part of my kit.

6 Likes

Details?
Pictures?
You can’t leave us hanging like that :relaxed:

3 Likes

bloody beautiful he is too.

3 Likes

Pretty basic to start with. Rega Planar 3 with Audio Technica Cart.

8 Likes

Yum yum - nice!

1 Like

You are very lucky.

1 Like

Mcintosh/Clearaudio MT5 with Dynavector MC here…

11 Likes

Nice sideboard what it is?

It’s a media cabinet from BDI bought at my local audio shop.

1 Like

Agreed we need :camera_flash::camera_flash::camera:

Just a few posts above…

An oldie has arrived.

The Sony TTS 3000a with the PUA-237 tonearm and a Shure V15 type II pickup. Seems to be in good condition, I’m waiting for a replacement belt to arrive for a thorough test. Good looking turntable IMO.

9 Likes

Very nice…not familiar with it but being belt drive it should be pretty trouble free.
Enjoy.

2 Likes

Kind of just getting back into analog. Does your post allude to direct drive being more troublesome. If so why? Not picking a fight just want to know why, in fact my TT is a VPI belt drive.

Older DD tables made in the glory days of Japanese tables can definitely be more trouble.
They used a lot of now unobtanium circuit boards and sensors for things like speed regulation etc.
Finding both a) the parts and b) a capable tech to work on them can be a royal pita.

Get a good one and they are good of course, I have three Technics DD tables :sunglasses: